“Old suites, need updating”
Review of Robson Suites

Robson Suites
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had stayed at another suites hotel on our first nights in Vancouver, glad we did ,we would have had a bad impression of the city if this was our first hotel. (before going to Whistler)
Our room is hot, poor air conditioner, just blowing air , we had to open windows in the middle of the night ( but worried about security) .
The layout of the room feels like being in a maze and closed in.
All the furnitures and floors , bathroom need updating. The other hotel suites was updated with hardwood floors, better layout.
I feel this hotel is not as clean (the lobby floor is not swept clean, no landscaping in front , unsightly dirty carts full of stuff in front of hotel ,dark carpeting in room. The bed is flimsy.
The price is comparable ( if not more here) , but the other hotel suites is in a better neighborhood, central location also, cleaner, updated/modern, nice amenities, free breakfast. The only thing is, this one has washer / dryer . But I'd give that up for better sleep, security.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank lucyza
Coco L, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with us. I sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. We have the portable fan either placed in the suite or on the side for guests to use. In addition, it takes about 15-30 minutes for the AC to cool down the suite. Thank you for your suggestions regarding to the hotel furniture and amenities. Changing the bed mattresses is one of the resolutions on the to-do list for this year, and some case goods as well. We have two different floorings – carpet and hardwood in each guest room. Please do not hesitate to contact me at coco@robsonsuitesvancouver.com for further discussion of your stay. A big thank you from the Robson Suites Team!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've stayed at the Robson Suites for 3 nights. It is a great place to stay. I gad a bedroom, bathroom, living room/ kitchen and a big balcony.
Didn't use the kitchen but it was well equipped. The bathroom had a hair dryer and a shaving mirror.
There was a washing machine and dryer which came in very handy. It was very clean.
The elevator can only be used with your room card if you want to go up.

Staff was very friendly and knowledgable. You can lend umbrellas by the front desk and there is a drop off downtown shuttle service.

There are 2 supermarkets within a 3 minutes walk and plenty of restaurants to choose from.( sushi mart is wonderful with some wonderful sushi, despite what you might think, if you go by the name alone..)
It's located at a side street from Robson so it's very convenient for shoppers..

Will definitely stay there again and will recommend it highly.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan K
Coco L, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for spending the time to leave a detail and descriptive review of our property and the neighbourhood. It was our real pleasure of having you as our guest. We would like to provide our guest a clean and safe accommodation during their visit in our beautiful city, therefore, the elevator operates with a valid key card only. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future. A big thank you from the Robson Suites Team!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here the last night of a 6 week holiday. Originally we were booked at another property just around the corner, but we stayed there earlier in our travels and it was quite poor, so didn't want to return there. Anyway, from the moment we arrived we were greeted with genuine friendliness and efficiency. The suite was clean and very quiet. The location is excellent, easy walking distance to great cafes, restaurants, shopping and a supermarket. Value for money is important and I was very happy here. I would have no hesitation of recommending this to anyone who either needed overnight accommodation or a longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind and candid review. It was our pleasure of having you as our guest. Spending an overnight visit in Vancouver, Canada is not enough to enjoy the most of this beautiful city, please do consider to stay with us for a longer time for your next trip. A big thank you from the Robson Suites Team!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was in town for a conference and didn't care for the rate at the Waterfront Fairmont. This hotel was 3 blocks away, more affordable and included a kitchen, laundry, free wi-fi (essential!) and free parking too I think - although I didn't have a car. My employer pays my expenses, but I believe in value for money and I hate paying for wi-fi - such a blatent rip-off.

My one bedroom suite was spacious, clean and comfortable. The neighborhood is wonderful in terms of food - I recommend the Safeways rather then Whole Foods as the latter is crowded and wickedly expensive, albeit interesting. There is also the Aria Market on Bidwell on the other side of Robson - tiny and interesting ethnic food market. I found the sumac and ground lemon there that I was searching for - warning though, avoid rush hour at Aria, it's popular! There are lots of restaurant and fast food options all around too.

This hotel is some distance from the nearest Sky Train (Vancouver's excellent light rail transit system) but the hotel will arrange for a shuttle to get you to and from the train station if that suits, at least that's what they offered me. Call them and ask. The train goes right to the Vancouver Int Airport. And although it's certainly within walking distance, as is all of downtown, it's a bit far to hump your luggage from there if you have more than a backpack. I took a cab to and from YVR; it's about a $40 ride each way with tip. Probably faster and cheaper in the wee hours.

I would recommend this hotel and I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Fourth floor had lovely high ceilings. Room gets warm in the afternoon sun - but there's an air...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Coco L, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for listing all the excellent tips of the hotel and the surrounding neighbourhood. I am delighted you found the best values of our accommodation and at the retail shops. Hotel does offer a shuttle drop off service anywhere in Downtown Vancouver before 6:30pm daily. We are in walking distance about 15- 20 minutes to the sky train station. You can find the transit bus stops half a block away from us to the station as well. We look forward for your next trip in Vancouver, Canada. A big thank you from the Robson Suites Team!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just had an excellent stay at the Robson Suites. Staff were very good with Coco and Kirin providing outstanding service. Apartment was well equipped and clean. Location was excellent with amenities close and public transport right outside the apartment block.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for leaving your candid review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed very much of our accommodation, and found the location excellent with outstanding hospitality service. I will send your compliments to my front & back team. We look forward to welcoming your next visit to the hotel soon. A big thank you from the Robson Suites Team!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Postives:-
1) A well-equipped suite. Just about everything had been thought through from the iron and ironing board to the neatly hidden washer and dryer.
2) The West End is a great Vancouver location. You are in a proper neighbourhood where real Vancouverites live and meet and eat and shop.
3) Friendly, professional staff.
Negatives:-
1) When we arrived at 3,30pm the front door was locked and there was no one on reception. We had to go away for an hour even though we had just been on an aeroplane for nine hours.
2) Apparently Robson Suites had just suffered significant water inundation and maintenance work was still underway when we arrived. However, having paid many dollars for a suite we did not appreciate having a noisy industrial blower right outside our door - drying the corridor carpet day and night. It was like sleeping in a noisy aeroplane cabin.
3) Vancouver has a big issue with "down and out" street people and some of them like to gather near to the accommodation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not have a noisy industrial blower right outside the door to your suite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil_in_Sheffield_UK
Coco L, General Manager at Robson Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you very much for spending the time to comment your recent visit with us. I sincerely apologize for the noise from the disturbing blower throughout the night. Although our Reception does not open 24 hours, you can always contact our live in Manager for any concerns anytime. We have one person at the reception per shift. In case we step out the desk, we always place a sign on the glass door with the returning time. I am sorry to hear that the desk agent was assisting someone upstairs and away the desk upon your arrival. Just a side note, the blowers are off the property now. Once again, I apologize for the unpleasant experience at our accommodation. Please contact me directly at coco@robsonsuitesvancouver.com if you plan to travel Vancouver again for specials. A big thank you from the Robson Suites Team!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had stayed in this hotel twice, first time, the room is not ready for me even i arrived at 3pm and the reception said I should had told them i need a early check in if i don't want to wait, ( 3pm is not early check in right?)
second time, i checked in at 10pm, send kids to bed and unpack luggage and sleep at 130am, 230am i heard loud water dropping sound, go check whats happen, found water dropping from the ceiling, not only one place but 4-5 places, the floor is watery, called the reception and told that all room is full, i could only transfer to other hotel, and its 3am!!! I need to pack all my luggage again and hold my 2 babies to transfer to other hotel. next day morning, I had been offered for one night complimentary stay as for that ridiculous accident, after complain to them again, I finally got 4 night complimentary stay.
Persona thoughts: the service is not good, staff not really willing to help, hotel should be all about service but they don't think the same i guess…..the water world thing is all accident of coz but the hotel should could handle it better and go claim the insurance company but not try have me to claim my own insurance company.
last but not least, the picture looks much better than the recent condition of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank g1123

Thank you for leaving your review of your recent stay. I apologize for all the incidents you had experienced with us during your visits. Please allow me for the break down on the incidents: I would like to rephrase on the respond of my Front Desk Agent regarding the check in time. The hotel check in time is 3pm. Hotel Executive Housekeeper will inspect each room prior to guest’s arrival. At about 3pm, my housekeeper was inspecting the assigned room for your family, and preparing the 2 highchairs. My Agent meant if we were informed the arrival time, the housekeeper would have inspected the room first instead of having your family to wait for 10 minutes in the lobby. I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication here.
In addition, each of my staff do our best to make sure all our guests are satisfied and happy throughout their stays, however, we cannot avoid and prevent the unforeseeable incidents such as water pipe broke in the middle of the night. Hotel was full that night. Once the live in Managers realized the incident, they reserved another 3.5 diamond Downtown hotel, phoned and paid for the taxi ride, assisted the luggage into the taxi for 3 different families. Meanwhile, they were working to minimize the water damage. Personally, I appreciated very much for all their efforts the entire night. Furthermore, I thank so much for the relocation guests for being very understanding on this incident and insisted not to receive any compensations as they said” This is nobody’s fault. We are just the “lucky” guests for being relocated to a nicer hotel as the room rates they paid at Robson Suites not enough to stay at this hotel”. I understand each guest has different expectations and needs. I also understand the statement of “Guest is always Right!” But I accept the rephrase statement of” Guest with Reasonable Request is always Right”. Regarding to the hospitality service part: Free upgraded your family from a standard two queen beds to a King size bedroom suite, with daily complimentary breakfast and parking. My housekeeper washed, dried and folded your household laundry, and delivered them to you with a high chair. I appreciated your compliments on the hotel photographing.
Thank you for choosing the Robson Suites Vancouver. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me at coco@robsonsuitesvancouver.com for further concerns. A big thank you from the Robson Suites Team!