We stayed at Hotel Blu for one week in June and did not want to leave! We had such a great week here and the hotel staff was very friendly, there were a couple inconsistencies as the hotel is probably just ironing out the kinks but overall I would totally stay here again. Where to start? This place had a lot of extra features that really enhanced the guest experience so this review is pretty long:
Room: The bed and pillows were so comfortable and linens felt luxurious and really made you want to stay in bed all day. Room decor was modern and classy, loved the aqua accents in the room like the lounger chair and pillow. No carpets in the room which is great for allergy sufferers like myself! The room also had two robes and slippers, and plenty of towels in the bathroom which is great. Washroom big and glass showers are way better than tubs in hotel rooms. Nespresso machine with espresso pods is better than having a coffee pot however, I really wish there was a kettle or something to make tea or hot water. Fridge and microwave combo was great, especially staying a week and eating out with left overs. USB wall plugs by the bed was very handy to charge the phone at night but still having it nearby.
Turn down service was the best!!! Coming back to find chocolates and eucalyptus pillow spray made me so happy. I really loved the turn down service however, was sad with the inconsistency of it when I received it only in first couple days we got there and none the last 4 days were were there :( Room cleaning times were also really inconsistent, maybe because we noticed we didn't have a door hanger in our room to indicate if we wanted privacy or the room cleaned.
Can't really say that I used the Samsung Tablet as we had brought our own tablets and laptop, but I guess it would be handy for travellers that did not bring their own device. One thing that they could have had pre-loaded in the tablet was info about the hotel and local area.. kind of like a hotel guide that you get in the rooms (which they didn't have) for out of town travellers. The telephone was pretty cool too, as it was had a touch screen. Also, we loved that fact that there was free in room wifi that was fast.
Parking/Location: Location of this hotel was great! It's at the end of Robson St, so you are close to everything in walking distance. Although we had a rental car, you certainly do not need one as everything was close by and with $30 a day parking, if you know you are not going anywhere outside the city, leave the car. There is a free shuttle that will take you downtown and bikes to use, however we didn't partake in those complimentary features. We did have and utilized the complimentary valet parking/self park that came with the booking special.
Breakfast: Along with our booking special we also had complimentary breakfast. The breakfast lounge was located on the 2nd floors (again, would have been nice to have a Info guide about the hotel in the room or on the tablet, that lets you know where all the amenities are located and hours of operation). We got there at about 10 and it closed at 11 so there was not a lot of food left, however, with we were satisfied with what they had and found out that everything was made in house which is a bonus.
- Having a large umbrella that guest could use (stored in the closet) was also a very nice touch as we forgot to bring our own.
- I had to utilize the Business Centre to print out tickets and I am so glad that it was open to guest to use the computers and printer. Such a great thing to have, especially when some attractions we booked online make you print tickets instead of allowing you to use your mobile device.
- Rooms key card were a pain sometimes, as you had to swipe to get on your floor or any floor in the elevators and sometimes, the card was deactivated and didn't work so I had to go to the Front desk a couple times to get it to work again.
- Gym open 24/7 is nice a great feature especially for people like us who work out at weird times of the day. This is a must when we are searching for a hotel.
- Pool and sauna were still under construction when we were there but we didn't mind as we knew that they were still getting the hotel ready.
- Pets are allowed at the hotel, not sure if there is a floor or area in the hotel that is just designated for people w/ pets but definitely would suggest this, especially since encountered lots of barking during near the end of our stay, and having really bad allergies to pets, it would be nice to know if your room was near someone with animals.
All in all, we had a great stay and would definitely recommend it to others!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be part of Vancouver's newest boutique hotel where luxury and technology meets sustainability.Located right on Robson street, next to BC Place Stadium and 5 minute walk from Rogers Arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers and TravelUp so you can book your Hotel BLU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.