I was expecting a B&B, but this place is more like a very nice boutique hotel. Nothing wrong with boutique hotels, just not where I prefer to stay.
-The best mattress and bedding I've experienced outside of home.
-The front units are 50 feet from a six lane highway. They have done what they can to minimize noise, but six lanes of traffic is too much to make go away.
I'd give them an excellent on the room, a poor based on sleep (because of noise), and an average on breakfast ( two pieces of bacon and, ((by 9 o'clock)) a slightly old tasting entree.
So, unfortunately, it averages out to ..... average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vancouver's only 2011 Canada-Select 5 Star B&B! Built in 1997, this Shaughnessy mansion was renovated in 2007 to provide modern romantic luxury in Vancouver's wealthiest neighbourhood. We provide free on-site parking, WiFi, local & long distance calling. Time sensitive door codes provide hotel security & allow access convenient to you. All suites have king bed, 32" LCD TV with free HD programming and luxurious en-suite bathroom. Enjoy pressed linens, Hutterite down duvets and pillows. Room controlled Air Conditioning, fresh air exchange and heated floors. Deluxe breakfast buffet included, from 5-11am (hot dish served 8:30-10am). Vancouver's largest B&B breakfast area with 6 individual tables. Extremely central, on Granville Street (& 35th Ave), steps to transit, 5 minutes to downtown, 10 minutes to airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Granville House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granville House Hotel Vancouver
- Granville House Bed And Breakfast