B & B in Vancouver, B.C. on Granville:
The "Granville House B & B" at 5050 Granville Street in Vancouver was such a "great find" for me to stumble in to. I was searching in VRBO.COM (vacation rentals by owner) to just find something more personable and less institutional than a hotel for my stay, but with a reasonable price. Originally, the Granville House was a very stately mansion of quality construction that was then transformed into a Bed and Breakfast. Pam and Randy Vogel, the owner's have done what I think is, an incredible job of building/ creating this bed and breakfast. Each room has its own electronic number code, so not needing keys was convenient. And, the morning breakfast was served in the common dining area of many tables set with linen and silverware. Incredible entres of eggs and cheese, sausage, fruits, breads, cereals, yogurts, and juices were provided each day. Our room was so spacious and very beautiful, using fine quality furnishings with muted and soft tones and colors. The bed and bedding was especially luxurious and comfortable. The den/study had a desk, mini refrigerator, coffee maker, and a sofa with a fold out bed, if needed. The bathroom was absolutely stunning with such unique and bold tile and design. The tub, the shower stall, the sink, the lighting, and all the fixtures were so artistic in design, it made me feel like "a piece of art", while you're using the bathroom. As if presenting a signature item representing the B & B, they also provided these large cobalt blue bottles of "purely saltspring" products which are a product of B.C., Canada. From the body wash in the shower to the body lotion and all the rest, they seem to be such a high quality of product. They even have order forms if you'd like to buy some to take home with you. During my stay, Pam and Randy were so genuine and obviously loving the B & B business. As we were "out of town" visitors, they were so helpful in translating for us ideas, suggestions, and "how to get to" directions in order to make our stay even more successful. I especially loved the location on Granville Street and being able to catch the bus right there. It took five minutes to get into Vancouver downtown by bus, so that was convenient. But, driving my car from the B & B was also convenient. I would highly recommend the stay. I would love to go again. Amd. some day I will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vancouver's only 2011 Canada-Select 5 Star B&B! Built in 1997, this Shaughnessy mansion was renovated in 2007 to provide modern romantic luxury in Vancouver's wealthiest neighbourhood. We provide free on-site parking, WiFi, local & long distance calling. Time sensitive door codes provide hotel security & allow access convenient to you. All suites have king bed, 32" LCD TV with free HD programming and luxurious en-suite bathroom. Enjoy pressed linens, Hutterite down duvets and pillows. Room controlled Air Conditioning, fresh air exchange and heated floors. Deluxe breakfast buffet included, from 5-11am (hot dish served 8:30-10am). Vancouver's largest B&B breakfast area with 6 individual tables. Extremely central, on Granville Street (& 35th Ave), steps to transit, 5 minutes to downtown, 10 minutes to airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Granville House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granville House Hotel Vancouver
- Granville House Bed And Breakfast