Granville House B&B
Granville Island Hotel(Vancouver)
US$396
US$336
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$312
  • Breakfast included
US$371
US$347
Suttonplace.com
  • Restaurant
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$284
US$381
US$371
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
All reviewsno shoes policygreat hostssteel cutyogurthot breakfasteasy buslovely neighborhoodqueen elizabeth parkfacing the streetbus stopbeautiful roomclose to downtownrandyaldervogelsuiteprivacy
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We stayed with Randy and Pam for 3 nights as our 1st port of call for a 2 week trip round BC. We couldnt have asked for better hosts. Check in was easy as completely flexible which removed the worry of delays etc. Room was extremely comfortable, the toiletries and robes were very welcome after a long flight. We used their guide on local restaraunts and were not disappointed - our first night we went to the Shawnessy at Van Dusen gardens which was lovely. Breakfasts were yummy and when we needed an early breakfast we were catered for. Lovely friendly hosts who also helped us try and sort out our lost baggage with BA! Location was good - just out of town but the bus stops right outside the door or an easy cab ride, also very convenient for the airport. All in all a fantastic stay!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2009

The 'Elm ' room was spacious with a well-appointed bathroom and ample closet space. The wall-mounted television was perfect and there is free WIFI on the property (make sure that you ask for code.) This room fronts to Granville, which is generally busy, but the dual-pane windows and extra insulation in the walls reduced any outside noise to a whisper.

The front door and all of the guest rooms feature keypad entry which, for us, is perfect: Easy come-and-go. In that regard, the property was somewhat like a B&B and somewhat like a hotel which, again, was perfect for us.

There is a nice buffet and the owners are available for small talk, directions, or suggestions at that time. They are very cordial and very helpful. Their suggestion of ViJ (Indian-fusion) Restaurant was a gem.

We had a car (parking in back and enter through gate), but there is bus service along Granville.

We had a great time and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IMROBERTA
Reviewed 27 June 2009

We had a wonderful stay at the Granville House B&B !
Our room (the Elm) was clean and modern with great amenities
and the place is in great condition.
Randy the owner was very friendly & helpful with a lot of advices
about Vancouver.
Breakfasts were delicious with 1 hot item each morning.
Entry to the front door and room was provided by code that was emailed to us
so that we could come and go at any hour without bothering anyone.
The location is great being a few minutes outside of the hustle & bustle of downtown ( 10-15 min by bus to downtown) .
We highly recommend the stay at the Granville House B&B

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gmatti
Reviewed 20 February 2009

This is by far the best B&B I have ever stayed at…Beautiful home, prime location and so near to the downtown area… My room was exceptional, the king bed and sheets are unbelievable… other guest where asking if they could purchase them! LOL!!! Free parking, free calls to US&CA, free WI-FI, and even an iPhone charger… There is way too much to list… all I can say is you will not regret you choice! Mike

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2009

This is an absolutely amazing B&B. Beautifully decorated throughout to a high standard. The owners Pam and Randy are wonderful people, who make themselves available to chat. Both gave me tips on what to see and where to eat out, as well as the best way to reach things. They were accommodating to my needs, but were not at all intrusive to my privacy. The room I was in (Birch) is perfect for a couple or a single traveller like myself. It is well equiped with everything you might need and has good space to unpack. The bathroom is lovely with a very good shower and a deep tub, with lovely complimentary aromatherapy toiletries for your use. The bed was very comfortable with luxury bedding, I slept well every night of my stay. The house is quiet and welcoming. The downstairs lounge area has a lovely gas fire and comfortable sofas. The breakfast was great everyday with a good selection to choose from, with the hot food being cooked to order. There are hot drinks and a fruit bowl available 24 hours, plus a house daily paper. There is secure WiFi throughout the house and if you have itunes you get to share Randys music too! There is nothing negative I can say about this B&B and I can see why it has a 5 star award, definitely preferable to staying in a hotel and actually you would not get a hotel room of this standard for the same money. I would not hesitate to recommend this accommodation to anybody, and even my Canadian friends who I was visiting with were extremely impressed with the high standards throughout. I loved my stay here. Also for me it was ideally situated, close enough to downtown without all the noise and bustle that goes with staying there.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)