Loden Hotel
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$244
US$229
Suttonplace.com
  • Restaurant
Blue Horizon Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$307
US$99
Travelocity
2,916 results
All reviewstableau restaurantlondon taxistanley parksteamersyoga matcar servicefloor to ceiling windowscorner roomcomplimentary bikesgreat boutiquecoal harbourrooms are beautifuldowntown vancouverturn down servicequiet streetfantastic hotelvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We loved The Loden very much. The staff was very helpfull, and the room was over the top.
The hotel was in the middel of everything, in walkingdistance to Canada Place, from where you can take sightseeingbus, watertaxi and a lot more.

Room Tip: Garden terrace room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stay at the Loden quite often and book it over and over again because of it's amazing service, cleanliness, and central location. They do the little things like welcome me back, and leave great quotes and fresh water at turn down.
The gym is awesome too!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Only stayed one night the the Loden but totally enjoyed it. Staff was welcoming, helpful and professional, the area is awesome - less than 10-minute walk from Harbour Air that i highly recommend to use if you plan to visit Victoria - and the room quite large and very comfortable. Will definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I usually stay at the Opus in Yaletown when visiting Vancouver for work. This time they were at capacity so I ended up at the lovely Loden. Naturally, I had to compare both hotels since they are relatively similar.

The Loden? GREAT location. Its in a semi residential area called Coal Harbor, which is roughly 10 mins walk to the convention center (I walked it each day and have shorter legs than the average Joe) and its MUCH quieter. There is a train station also about 10 mins walk - different direction (Burrard Station but requires changing trains if coming from the airport.). There are lots of Sushi eateries littered nearby and a 7-Eleven around the corner to top up on snacks. The Opus in contrast is in the trendy area called Yaletown and has lots of bars in the area so can get quite noisy at night. The Opus is across the street from Roundhouse station so is much more convenient to get to from the airport (straight shot to the hotel from airport. A 20 mins train ride). For the Loden, the most straightforward route is to take Canada Line from the airport to Vancouver City Station, then walk about 20 minutes west to the hotel or change trains as suggested above for a shorter walk. So Opus beats it in terms of getting there from YVR airport. That said, Loden is better suited if you are attending events at the Convention Center, want to be closer to the Harbor and want to be away from the hustle and bustle.

GREAT restaurant - their Tableau Bar Bistro which is a French restaurant is enough to keep you locally based. The best food I had during this visit was there. The food is simply flavorful! Huge compliments to the chef. From the steak fries, the chorizo omelette to the French onion soup, there wasn't anything that didn't taste great (and i am fussy with my meals). The Opus's La Pentola, an Italian eatery pales in comparison (Opus take note:).

Rooms- modern, furnished rooms with all the usual amenities (molton brown travel essentials (lotion etc) - hairdryer, umbrella (usually needed in Vancouver), iron. Love the speakers in the bathroom as it meant I could still hear the TV whilst in the bathroom. Keeping abreast of your fav program is important stuff! The Opus has much more splashes of colors in the room and a little more character design in each room. Their rooms have colorful palettes and retro pop-deco design and they have unique décor schemes and Loden seems dull in contrast but I have only stayed here once so... My only personal complaint with the Loden is the beds are not quite as comfy as Opus and the sheets are certainly not quite as soft so I didn't sleep as soundly each night as I usually do at Opus. For a hotel of its calibre I didn't expect a slightly sunken in mattress and rough thin sheets. Adding the Opus does have that complimentary IPAD in every room. Def a bug bonus and a notch for them.

GREAT customer service and the staff there literally aim to please and will kindly cater to your every whim with a smile. I am sucker for customer service so when I get doses of great service I will automatically rave about it. There is one concern that I do need to address. While there, I made 2 calls to the front desk -- one to order room service and the order to request their courtesy shuttle. I noticed a front desk charge on my credit card bill upon returning for $7.62. Not a huge amount but certainly concerning that a call to the front desk isn't free. I will be calling them to question.

I must admit, I do love the complimentary water or champagne the Opus offer you while you are checking in. After a long flight and travel its just a nice little gesture (Loden take note:). Both hotels do have the welcome snack in the room with your name printed/or written on a card (love that)- Opus has better snacks though.

Opus vs Loden? Food for thought! The bottom-line, its like comparing apples and oranges so unless you need an ipad, and want to be seconds away from all the action I would settle with the Loden and let the price be your guide.

Choose wisely!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Adrien L, Guest Relations Manager at Loden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear SOAP,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we appreciate the time you took to share with others your stay with us at the Loden. I understand that you had some concerns and will be contacting you shortly.

Adrien Litargne

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I can't believe I forgot to review this hotel! Stayed with my husband to celebrate our anniversary in early spring 2014 and I was blown away by it all. They delivered on all requests and even surprised us with a few extra's! The room was a Park Vista and was just fabulous, I have been dying to go back ever since. In-room clothing steamer, can I get an amen? Great quiet location, great gym, and Tableau Bar Bistro is not to be missed. Arrived quite late but we still managed to have an excellent meal. The Loden is my 1st choice now for staying in Vancouver. We felt like royalty. The front desk staff generally weren't overly friendly but there was one really nice guy at the front door. For the same money the Fairmont can't compare.

Room Tip: Park Vista (corner)!! Could see the ocean!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple