“Beautiful”
Review of Loden Hotel

Loden Hotel
Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Its a modern hotel, close to everything. The staff was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,862)

Reviewed 4 October 2009

The facility is beautiful. I upgraded to a Park View room and had walls of windows on 2 sides. Very chic furnishings. The bathroom was incredible. Deep soaking tub, large separate shower, large separate commode with glass doors that opened in either direction Everything was very nice.

What truly set this hotel apart was it's customer service. I checked in after a cruise with my 2 suitcases and after the woman at the desk had registered me, and reserved a ferry trip for me to Vancouver, she came from behind the desk, took one of my suitcases and went up the elevator with me to my room and showed me around. How nice!

Staff was always helpful and unfailingly eager to please. I ordered room service breakfast one morning and the woman who brought it asked how I had slept. I answered that not too well, since my alarm went off (I had intended to sleep in) and then after falling back to sleep, the doorbell had rung. (no tacky pounding on your door here). She apologized immediately and I quickly reassured her, that it was not her fault. I didn't set the alarm correctly, and I didn't turn on the privacy light. She said she would let the front desk know. I told her again that it was my own fault, not the hotel. She left and I ate my excellent breakfast (free range scrambled eggs -bright yellow, hotel cured bacon, fresh sqeezed grapefruit juice, and a pot of coffee, then went out for the day. when I returned there was a lovely plate of a half dozen very gourmet chocolates resting in a bed of cocoa nibs with a note of apology directed to me by name. And it wasn't even their fault!!

That is just one example. They helped me with anything I needed help with, and with the most wonderful attitude.

They also had a FREE computer with internet - a pleasant change after paying $.75/minute on my cruise ship! They also had a MAC room that I just peeked into. I had brought some DVDs and they brought a player to my room for me.

Just wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank Penstar
Reviewed 29 September 2009

We were very impressed with this hotel from the minute we arrived and were greeted by the valet. Then when we entered the lobby, wow! Very stylish décor. The front desk staff were simply awesome and genuinely friendly. Service was all around excellent. The room was another wow! Impressive, stylish décor, huge bathroom, tons of closet space, and the bed and linens were the best we have had in a long time. All of the staff always greeted us by name, even the housekeeper! Excellent views of the city and waterfront. While we didn’t get a chance to dine in the restaurant, the bar and restaurant looked very impressive. Location is excellent, within easy walking distance to shopping and site seeing. We never used our car or a taxi. Didn’t need it. This place has it’s act together and is truly a gem in Vancouver. Highly recommended. Our teenager wants to move into the hotel as a permanent guest.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2009

"bmeeder" review below from Sept 17, 2009 captured it all. Rather than repeat things in the other reviews the only thing i will add is that the rooms are very soundproof. You will have a great sleep with no city noise or noise from the hallway.

Reviewed 24 September 2009

Great value on a luxurious, trendy hotel in downtown Vancouver. Great Staff, Good value. Go to thier website for discounts

Reviewed 21 September 2009

This hotel was pretty amazing. The room was great. The bed was extremely comfortable. I loved the large TV . We had a Park Vista room so we had a partial view of the mountains and harbor. I thought the location was great. Pretty much close to everything. I do have two negative comments. The wireless internet is not free. Most 4 star hotels provide free wireless. Second, we had a slight issue with our bill and the person checking us was not accomodating at first.

Reviewed 17 September 2009

The hotel was very lovely and the staff was extremely friendly- Check-in was at 3 and it was around 315-320 before we could go to our due to room was not ready- Great location and perfect for a couple or single person, The beds/pillows were a dream!! I hope to be going back to Vancouver and possibly staying somewhere else so that I can compare and get a better opinion. Internet is about 14.50/CAD /Day

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family