“A great way to spend a day”
Review of Lotus Land Tours

and up
Vancouver Whale Watching Safari
Ranked #57 of 161 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: Short, guided sea-kayak day trip & salmon beach bbq in spectacular British Columbia wilderness scenery - only minutes away from downtown Vancouver. Free pick-up anywhere in Vancouver. Travel in comfortable and safe two-seat kayaks. Qualifies guides ensure your safety and explain the wildlife. Highlight of the trip is a gourmet salmon barbecue picnic served on a small island. Experience or fitness are not required. This trip is well suited for the whole family including children as young as 3 years old and active seniors.
Shawnee, Kansas, United States
“A great way to spend a day”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The reviews speak for themselves. My fiance and I went on this tour with Peter as our guide in September. We were picked up downtown and given a free little tour as we headed to pick up another couple. Everything is very well put together and made easy for the consumer. Peter does an amazing job with all aspects of his business. Peter is extremely knowledgable and sociable. I would recommend this trip to everyone. The Indian Arm is very calm and scenic. Very nice properties that bring up conversation with always something to look at. Anyone and everyone should enjoy a day on the water with Peter if they can! Plus Peter is always the best chef on the island that lunch is served. If I go back to Vancouver I will do this again!

Macau
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Vancouver Kayak and Beach BBQ Experience with Peter Loppe @ Lotus Land Tours”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

On 1 August 2013, my husband and I spent a wonderful day kayaking at Indian Arm with Peter. We were picked up from our hotel in Downtown Vancouver at around 9:00 a.m., followed by another newly wedded couple at another hotel downtown. After that we were heading to Indian Arm, a protected ocean inlet that is Canada's southernmost glacial fjord.

Our drive took around 40 minutes, we drove pass Stanley Park, Lions Gate Bridge, Trans Canada Highway, and finally along a narrow, winding round through mostly uninhabited rain forest to the shores of Indian Arm.

After we parked, we unloaded the kayaks and the stuffs for preparing our BBQ lunch, and headed towards the dock. My husband and I were neophytes, Peter is a great teacher. He showed us some basic techniques and then we set off for our kayat advanture. We saw purple starfish, sunflower starfish, seal, eagle, jellyfish, mussel and etc. We also find an abundant quantityand finally reached Indian Arm. of scophyllum nodosum (a kind of seaweed) along the rocky shores. Peter told us that this seaweed is rich in cllagen and harvested for commercial use.

Our lunch destination was a small, uninhabited island with great views of the inlet. On our lunch menu was yummy salad with crackers as appetizer, beautiful grilled salad steak as main course, potato salad and BBQ corn cob as site dish, ice lemon tea as drink, whip cream fresh strawberry as dessert and a wonderful scenery as entertainment.

After lunch, we walked around the woods for a little while, then we packed up and started paddled back to the dock where we had started off. After loading the kayaks and everything on to the vehicle, we were transferred to our hotel.

This adventure really exceeded my expectations and I highly recommended to everyone who visited Vancouver B.C. Peter is very professional and he knows every details about this place. In this tour, my husband and I learned how to kayak, characteristics of temperate rainforeset, marine life in Indian Arm, history of Stanley Park, most updated real estate information in Vancouver and a lot more.

Thanks so much to Peter and Lotus Land Tour.

Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Worthwhile Experience!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I work at a hotel and my boyfriend and I went on this trip to familiarize myself on the tour to recommend to guests. It went above and beyond what I thought. The tour guide is very knowledgeable and funny, great narration throughout the whole trip. Then came the kayaking, he instructed me well, beautiful scenery, wildlife and homes. Very yummy lunch, homemade salsa and potato salad, and fresh salmon and corn on the cob with berries and whip cream. Great tour, would do it again and again!

NYC
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A most enjoyable (if vigorous) day's outing”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Having not been in a kayak for more than 40 years, kayaking in the Indian Arm was certainly a different sort of adventure for me, but Peter is an excellent guide and instructor, and the camaraderie of the three pairs of kayakers on the expedition we took on September 1st of this year was instantaneous. Perfect weather for kayaking, and the amazing natural beauty of the Indian Arm complemented the experience. I will say, however, that one should expect the day to be a vigorous one - kayaking does take some effort, though under Peter's expert tutelage, neophytes can certainly enjoy it.

Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Kayak Trip”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I went as a solo on a kayaking trip with Peter and his family. Everyone was so lovely. I enjoyed the trip immensely. The Indian Arm is beautiful and I saw the mountains in the distance as well as numerous harbor seals and purple sea stars, which were beautiful. The kayaks were well maintained and I felt very safe on the trip. The lunch was also very good and had a nice view of the surrounding area. You get several hours on the water as well as lunch, so it's also a very good value for the cost of the trip. Peter is also a very nice and knowledgeable guide, I would highly recommend his tour company.
-Alex