“Juicy and tasty”

Bin 941 Tapas Parlour
Reserve with OpenTable
Bin 941 Tapas Parlour is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 3,750 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Davie Village
Description: When you come to Bin 941, expect the unexpected!!! Life is short, so we’re only serious about a couple things; good food, good fun and good times. A Davie Village landmark for over 17 years, Bin 941 is a cornerstone in Vancouver’s West End neighbourhood, specializing in New York-style tapas cuisine and unique wines by the glass. Our gallery-style interior and open-concept kitchen brings the chef to your table, indulging patrons in a full experience for the senses It’s no secret that many first dates and romantic evenings start at Bin 941. Whether you’re with your hubby or a group, we guarantee dinner with us will be an experience you won’t stop talking about. And Yes, we are not Traditional Tapas; We are innovative “Tapatizers” !!!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Juicy and tasty”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Just delicious everything. One of my favorite restaurants in Vancouver. Always lovely ambiance and great service. Foods lovely as well. Fusion tapaz type food. beautifully prepared and excellent. Its loud and has a spirited atmosphere.Some of my favs there are the salsa and Navaho bread. Delightful! The pomme frites very good. The steak, though small portioned melts in your mouth. Fantastic. Personally I think its better than any other specialty steak houses in Vancouver. Cant really go wrong dining here if you dont mind a vibrant atmosphere.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland, New Zealand
“Make sure the heaters are working”
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

I am in Vancouver for work at list once every 2months. Bin 941 has being my favorite place to dine in, since 2009 and I have recommend and invites friends to
dine there ever since. My last visit was in 7th Dec 2013, on a very very cold night in Vancouver and although the food and the staff were amazing as usual, I couldn't enjoy it.
The place was freezing cold with no heating and even the waiters and chefs had to wear their heavy coats to work to be able to cope with it. If you want to try this place over winter, make sure the heaters are working.

Auckland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Where was the heating grrrrrr!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

On a recommendation from colleagues we decided Saturday night in Vancouver 7 Dec would be at this Tapas bar. It was an extremely cold night, 7 degrees below and falling, so we took a taxi. First impressions as we walked in were exactly what we were after - hip/ urban edgy style, but cold which was surprising. So we kept on all our heavy winter coats and stuck with it. Sat in the window seats as we thought that would be away from the door. I have never been so cold inside in my life. It was freezing. No heating whatsoever. The staff were great, menu was good, but felt owner should have given discounts to clientele for no heating! A temporary home heater at each end of the room would have worked. Toilet was even more comfortable. We were in Vancouver for 2 nights from New Zealand, exceptionally cold conditions and just 'duty of care' to staff and patrons should have had the owner down there doing something with the heating. Owner was dreaming if the thought of a working kitchen, and lots of clientele were going to change conditions, because it was way too cold for that to happen. One of the staff brought us glasses of hot water - never knew it could taste so good.

• Visited December 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Was great but not what it used to be unfortunately”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have been visiting Bin 941 once a year for the last decade and it is unfortunate to report Bin's food quality and menu has slowly deteriorated over the years. That is not to say the food is sub par because the appearance and ingredients still impress, the issue is that the menu and the dishes will not leave you saying "Wow, I want more of that!" the way it used to in the past. The tiny restaurant continues to be stylish and funky and unlike any other restaurant in Vancouver which is certainly great for visitors but the food does help distinguish the restaurant from the rest of the pack. Service continues to be outstanding and it is a decent spot for the annual visit or if you want to be in a stylish restaurant like you would find in New York but you can find better food elsewhere. Also note that the online menu pricing is slightly different than what you will see on the actual menu as of the date of this review. The prices are a couple dollars higher per dish in general.

• Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Got Salt?”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the ambiance of this hip, trendy, hallway-like place along with its music selection. I found myself grooving to the music while seated.

I enjoyed the food but my husband did not due to the amount of salt used in the dishes we tried. After the meal, I agreed with him. My taste buds were parched and I needed a tall glass of water!

As for the pomme frittes (straw like thin fries) I suggest ordering this if you have more than 2 people to share. The portion is huge and EXTREMELY salty!

The oyster dish was good but the fish again was salty.

Overall, the food burst with flavour and is not for the faint at heart. We are adventurous eaters so welcome vibrant flavours but not when it's overshadowed with salt.