“Excellet!”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Davie Village
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Everything was PERFECT!.
The service, the food, I like very much.
I think that the only downside is that there is a wait line... it's not very pleasant if it is winter time...

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We visited on Wednesday evening June 11. The restaurant was recommended by a local. We were told the food was good and we could enjoy our meal and not be hurried.

We were seated promptly, ordered drinks and appetizers. The avgolemono soup was excellent and the dip sampler had generous portions and the piping hot pita bread was addictive. Among us we split a chicken special and the dolmades entree. Everything was well-spiced and flavorful with plenty of lemon and garlic. We also split a baklava because we were filled but wished we had ordered a second serving.

Service was attentive but not intrusive. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Staying just round the corner we had walked past the Takis Taverna for days always seeing queues for a table - at last on a Saturday evening we managed to walk in and be seated and we were not disappointed.my husband had the special of steak and prawns I had Athenian chicken(delicious but too much for me-take away picnic next day)! Next day we returned ate different choices again really enjoyed the food, drinks and service.As it had been our 45th wedding anniversary whilst we were in Canada/Alaska and it was mentioned. Along with our special Takis coffees we're were given ouzous.FInished off the enjoyable evening beautifully

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Yes the amounts of food are very generous. The lamb kleftika was beautifully cooked and could have fed three people. My prawns in garlic and lemon were very good. The other two dishes however were most disappointing - a seafood souvlaki featured some very dry, over-cooked salmon, and my partner's moussaka was gluggy and terribly salty. The vegetables were reasonable, but that rice pilaff - it is woeful. Ditch it and concentrate on a genuine Greek salad instead.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We ordered the kalamari to share .. It was the worst I have ever eaten, and I love kalamari. My husband ordered the roasted pork special. It was dry, tasted reheated and several days old. The rice, the carrots and the potatoes tasted like they were cooked a week ago, I ordered the prawns in lemon. They were rubbery. The Greek salad was not bad, but the rice, carrots and potatoes were horrible.