“Poor service takes away from meal”

Bacchus Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacchus Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 3,996 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$19 - US$77
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Granville Street
Cross street: Robson
Transit: Burrard Skytrain Station. B-Line 98 on Robson & Burrard.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We arrived at the restaurant to find out our table wasn't ready even though the restaurant was near empty. When they finally set up the table, they chose one right by the entrance. We complained and they moved us to another table. They delivered the menus and then we waited at least 15 minutes before a waiter came over. This was despite the fact that the restaurant was almost empty. The food was adequate although we went for brunch and the selection was limited. You couldn't order off the lunch menu either. Overall a very disappointing experience that I wouldn't recommend.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Outstanding service, food, wine and live music. Go if you are serious about enjoying your food and wine but not if you are looking for a view to distract you from them. The Nova Scotia lobster 'was to die for'. And the SYL Pinot Gris a perfect accompaniment to it.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was walking down the street trying to find a menu that would accommodate my children with different taste. As we were welcomed into Bacchus, I realized it was quite upscale and we were dressed for hiking. I mentioned our underdress to the maitre'd who told us we were welcome…even with three children. My children to my embarrassment proceeded to make special request. The waiter apparently took it on as a challenge. He told us the manager was attempting to make chocolate milk since they did not carry it. The kids said it was great chocolate milk. When the waiter realized that they loved the warm croissants, he brought extra. Yes… it was our most expensive breakfast ever, but the service was delightful and welcoming even to a family ready to hike.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The food was very good -- not a large menu (I actually prefer a more pared down menu like this) but certainly enough choices from across Canada to satisy everyone.

The entertainment was wonderful. Our seating was at 7pm and we had piano/singing for almost our entire 2.5 hours there. He took short (5 to 10 minute) breaks about once an hour.

I enjoyed the restaurant/lounge more in the evening than I did at lunch. The staff seemed friendlier and the atmosphere more relaxed/romantic (and of course, the entertainment is in the evening not during the day). I think at lunch it becomes quite the "downtown lunch" destination which changes its tone a bit.

1  Thank ltcguenther
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Located in the Wedgewood hotel, this is one of the best places for a upscale dinner in downtown Vancouver. The service was good and the food was excellent, both the fish and the steak. It's pricey but worth the experience