“Great dinner!”
Review of Bistro Pastis

Bistro Pastis
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Pastis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #229 of 3,730 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$21 - US$34
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Kitsilano
Description: Located on Kitsilano’s bustling West 4th Avenue, we bring our exceptional skills for gastronomy and hospitality to our guests by providing an intimate and authentic French dining experience that is unparalleled in Vancouver’s restaurant scene. With its elegant white tablecloth setting, crackling fireplace and long, comfortable banquette seating, guests can ease into this sophisticated restaurant and begin their meal by choosing from over 300 wines and champagnes from every corner of France and around the world. Open every day for lunch and dinner and brunch on weekends, owner Stefen Langford, Executive Chef Michael Mikota and the Bistro Pastis team welcome you to dine from plates served with delicate style and outstanding flavours.
San Francisco, California
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

An amazing meal all around! Each dish was expertly prepared and the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. I was particularly enchanted but all the little micro greens included in each dish... Not only a feast for the eyes but a lovely freshness with each bite. Will go back on another visit definitely...between the great food and such a warm/inviting restaurant...it's a win win!
Ps, had the Thursday special...duck confit...oh my! The duck was perfect as were the sides! Try it!

Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Regina, Canada
“Great experience”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We love Bistro Pastis. We have never had to suffer through a dish and every time, we leave wanting to come back again.

The food is traditional French bistro cooking and reliable in that sense. The wine list is comprehensive and reasonably priced: something for everyone.

The service is caring and attentive. See you again soon!

• Visited May 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Still Fantastic!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We recently had dinner at Bistro Pastis and the meal and experience didn't disappoint. We were seated in the front room where the tables are quite close together but we felt there was plenty of room and we weren't disturbed by the guests seated to either side of us. The duck, although prepared differently than the last time we ate here, was perfection. And the sea scallop special that night was incredible. Our waiter was busily working both sides of the restaurant and could have been a little more attentive but he graciously gave us free aperitif's with our dessert which was unexpected. It's been over a year since our last meal at Bistro Pastis and we won't let so much time go by before eating here again.

• Visited June 2014
Vancouver
“Exceptional”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Service was top notch. Tanya and the rest of the staff were professional and attentive. Food and wine was delicious. We felt very well taken care of. We would recommend the Bistro Pastis to a friend.

Visited February 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Terribly disappointing.”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My dessert cost $38 because that was the best thing on their DOV menu. The food was nothing special. We were so not impressed either with the owner/mgr? working the room yet seem to be ignoring greeting certain other guests sitting in the restaurant. I usually can ignore that until it was made very obvious. And as if that wasn't bad enough, my lamb entree (with 95% leftover) was taken away and I could hear the scraping of the meal going into the garbage. The server asked me earlier if my meal was all right and I told him I was full. He came to away our plates and I told him that I would like to pack it up. I'm not sure if he heard me but I think he assumed I didn't want any of it at all but he never double checked w/me if I wanted it packed up or not. This whole dining experience was a disaster after that faux pas. Only thing that stood out was the apple tart w/ice cream. Plenty of great French restaurants in town and I will be going back to one of their competitor's in the same neighbourhood that guarantees fabulous food and great service.

• Visited February 2014