“Very good food”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

For a chain restaurant, I was very impressed!

Had the chicken wraps and molton lava cake for dessert. Both were amazing!

Husband had the thai red curry with cod and he loved it.

The steak was also awesome. Cooked to perfection. Mash potato was amazing.

Servers were nice but service was a bit slow.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The meals are excellent and the drinks are great.The price was reasonable.The service is top class.The place is in a great location to all the shopping and hotels.Tony Newcastle Australia

1  Thank Tony W
Reviewed 3 May 2014

A friend from Ottawa was in town for a meeting, so we met downtown at his hotel and went for a walk along English Bay to Third Beach in Stanley Park. Then we headed back via Lost Lagoon and Robson Street. We were debating where to eat and passed by Earl's and Milestones looking for something a little different. He wasn't familiar with the Cactus Club, so we decided to give it try.

As it was later on a Monday night, it wasn't too busy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had the tuna tataki and calamari for starters. The seared albacore tuna was done to perfection and the bed of papaya slaw and pine nuts, dressed with a favourful vinaigrette complimented it nicely. The calamari was impressive; both in the amount served and that they include deep fried peppers and jalapenos with it. In addition to the traditional tzatziki sauce, they served a chipotle aioli.

Starters finished, we dug in to the main courses. Butternut squash ravioli with prawns for my friend and Thai red curry ling cod served with coconut almond rice for me. He raved about the ravioli and I was very pleased with my choice. The fish was done to perfection and the cilantro garnish really complimented the curry. A little Spanish cava was the perfect accompaniment to both meals. I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed a meal at Cactus Club as much.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at this cactus club for dinner while In the city on business, this time I took the family there for a good dinner while on vacation. What drew me back was the memory of the Rob's Hunter Chicken and I am happy to say it was just as good the second time around! My wife had it as well and was equally happy with the dish. Our kids both decided to not step out to try something different and had the chicken strips, I did try one of theirs and have to day it wasn't half bad.
The service was good again as well, its a little bit of a noisy place, but then it seems that most trendy restaurants are these days.
Again I would return as the food and service was very good!

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely experience both times from the meet and greeter, to service staff. Great food and drinks..thanks guys.