“Excellent food - service a touch spotty”
Review of Chambar

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Gastown
Cross street: Dunsmuir/Pender
Transit: We are the second building north from the Stadium/Chinatown skytrain station.
Description: "An unpretentious fling with fine dining."
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent food - service a touch spotty”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Went with a group of friends from work and had a set menu organized ahead of time. Choose an excellent halibut which was perfectly presented with excellent accompaniments. Had the Collins lemonade to drink - very refreshing. Superb rose water custard for dessert - highly recommended. The restaurant is a bit on the noisy side and very lively, so be prepared for that if you go. Fun atmosphere. Service was reasonable prompt but details not looked after. Bread not brought to the table in spite of being requested, drinks not refreshed without asking more than once. Small stuff but a bit surprising. Food so good would certainly go ahead.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
“probably the best meal of my life”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

my girlfriend and I went to Chambar for our 1 year anniversary and had their tasting menu. amazing. there was 7 courses/stages in all, each paired specifically with a wine, cocktail or beer. the food was outstanding and the drinks were incredible.

their list of Trappist beers is pretty impressive and Jason is a wealth of knowledge on all the drinks and Wendy is a total drink chemist behind the bar!!

huge accolades to the kitchen for transporting our tastebuds to heaven.

Mark&Julie

• Visited July 2014
“Good Food with Great Presentation”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had originally made a 8:30PM reservation for a party of five. We arrived 20 minutes late due to Stanley Park traffic. Chambar was kind enough to hold our reservation. The food, service, and presentation is Excellent! We had ordered three appetizers, the cure meats, the smoked duck breast, and the albacore tuna. I specifically enjoyed the duck and tuna. Both had a very light taste even though the menu has the word fried and smoked. For my entree I had originally wanted to try the braised lamb shank. Unfortunately they were all out lamb so I settled for the mussels Coquotte. If I was to do it again, I would have ordered the mussels as an appetizer and tried the 10 oz Ribeye. For dessert my girlfriend and I shared the Nico 3.0. This may have been the best choice of the night. The cornflake shell reminds me of eating a box of frosted flakes without milk but about 10x better. My friend and his wife orderd the Eclat De Chocolat and Jardin de Baies. The latter was served on a large round plate arranged to look like a face with a smile. Both dishes were good but I think the Nico 3.0 was the best. Overall this restaurant was very good if you didn't mind paying the extra money for great service and presentation. Also don't expect this to be a quick meal. It took us a good 2 hours to complete our meal.

2 Thank Tony W
Concord, New Hampshire
“Stands out. Great favors”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

It was clean and fun and had food that you don't find on Main Street. Perfect for foodies looking to have something different and special

Visited July 2014
“mussel feast”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went here before the show ! Absolutely five star service great energy ! Mussels were fantastic with zesty fennel tomato broth. Lots to share with everyone and very reasonable priced..Great place for Friday end of week beer and get together. more upscale than pub and seemed more Bay st. types and vibrant crowd.loved it

• Visited June 2014