“awesome deck and views but...”

Dockside Restaurant & Brewing Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Dockside Restaurant & Brewing Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #279 of 3,977 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$16 - US$47
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Granville Island & Fairview
Transit: #50 & #51
Description: Dockside is one of the best kept secrets in Vancouver and Granville Island. Dockside boasts floor to ceiling windows with views of False Creek, Downtown Vancouver and across to the North Shore Mountains. With our renovations, service and view, Dockside has been voted #1 Best Patio in Vancouver for 7 years in a row! Featuring our amazing new menu created by Executive Chef Mark Crofton and his incredible culinary team. All of our desserts are made in house by our own Pastry Chef and we only source fresh, local and sustainable products here at Dockside. Celebrate the big holidays with Dockside and let us do the cooking! Xmas, Mother's Day & Easter Buffets fill fast so think of us when booking your family or business events!
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Beautiful summer evening, I really wanted to check out this deck that has been voted #1 in Vancouver. I had a reservation but they wouldn't accept it for the deck it applied ONLY for the inside dining but we managed to get a spot outside that had beautiful views of the bay and docked boats, the modern apartment buildings lining the shore.. really Lovely. The service was really good and waiter was very friendly. The food however was disappointing and just nothing extraordinary. 3 dishes: The Calamari was chewy and came in 4-5 BIG white chunks ,unappealing and horrible to eat, had to be cut up in little chewy pieces. The crab cakes were bland and not enough sauce it was almost painful to attempt to scrape up some, so why bother having any at all? The filet mignon was very good, asked for medium rare and we got it, it came with a seriously rich cheesey pasta and asparagus and roasted tomatoes, all very tasty but not mind blowing. The dirty dishes sat on the table after we were clearly finished eating, with nobody picking them up and I really hate that. I even stacked them up and pushed them to the far corner of the table and put the 3 menus on the ground and still nobody removed them until we were basically ready to leave. That is never a good thing. Quite costly considering for 2 apps 2 drinks one entrée the bill with 20% tip was 122.00. That said, I would go again BUT later in the evening with friends perhaps JUST for drinks and a few appetizers maybe because they had tons of floor heaters and interesting fire pits and I think it would be so beautiful and warm in the later evening and worth it for the ambiance~but dinner I would not go again. The other entrée items didn't appeal to me very much anyways. Another "funny" thing we found was the hard to decipher, item descriptions on some of the entree's see photo ~ what the hell does it mean? what exactly is the dish? It's a little much ;)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Dockside restaurant patio is a lovely setting for a summer meal. I ordered the ciopinno which was very light! (I was still hungry). The rose wine was served warm and the ice cream sandwich was tough to eat. The service was good.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great ambience, service, food and beer! The sablefish and halibut were cooked to perfection. The legendary chili squid was not really that legendary but the crab & shrimp cakes and sugar prawns made up for them. Could have drunk way too many glasses of Cartwright Pale Ale.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

First of all, we made a reservation months ahead of time on OpenTable for a weekday afternoon. I requested outdoor seating, weather permitting. When we arrived, we asked to sit outside since it was a gorgeous day. No tables were available outside, which was a huge bummer. So, the lesson here is that they apparently ignore the comments section of OT reservations. The inside of the restaurant is gorgeous, so it wasn't like we suffered a hardship, but it was beautiful outside. Minus one star.

Our server was fine -- not as attentive as I'd expect at a nicer restaurant. Minus one star.

The food, for the price paid, was slightly below-average. (Side note: Canadians apparently love putting mayo on burgers. I learned that the hard way at Dockside.)

We left feeling very underwhelmed.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Delicious meal with fantastic waitress and serving staff. We sat on the patio and had a wonderful view of the water and the boats in the harbor. This restaurant may be a bit pricey for some budgets, but if you're going to "splurge" for a night, this is definitely the place to do it.