“GOOD AUTHENTIC CHINESE SEAFOOD”

Kirin Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #774 of 3,707 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Asian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Shaughnessy
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“GOOD AUTHENTIC CHINESE SEAFOOD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

this place will not dissapoint you as long as you are prepared to spend some serious money. although expensive this place has some authentic recipes - the birdnest soup , sea cucumber and Geo duck( its a saltwater clam!!!)

• Visited December 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong
“Packed in like sardines...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I booked this restaurant 3 weeks in advance for my mom's birthday. We were to be a party of 30. When we arrived we found our 3 tables placed smack in the middle of a very small dining area, on one side were two enormous tables of 14/ table and on the other side 6 tables ranging in size from 4 - 6/table. There simply was not enough room to move, guests from my party had to get up from their seats to allow the people to get by! When I enquired about moving further into the dining room where it was less congested I was told they were all booked for other large private parties. That turned out to be a lie because we could clearly see it was not the case at all.

The food and service were mediocre and lacked finesse. I chose this restaurant based on information from their website and from previous experiences in their Coquitlam restaurant but that location has closed down and this one looked really nice from the photos on their website.

Lesson learned, I will not be returning to any Kirin establishments anytime soon.

Seattle, WA, USA
“Tastefully bewildering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

We ate at Kirin on a Sunday night, and it was jam packed. It took us quite a while to decide what to order, because the menus (yes, there were three) are not only very long, there were many ingredients that we were unfamiliar with, even though we would like to think that we're pretty acquainted with world cuisine. Well, apparently that doesn't extend to Chinese food! All of the options left us pretty confused, so we ordered one of the set menus for two, and we quite enjoyed it. The shrimp in one of the dishes was probably the best I've had in any restaurant (which is saying something!), and in general the dishes were really very "tastefully" seasoned, not oversalted like many Chinese restaurants are wont to do. The waiters were quite attentive, and really kept an eye on things, and just watching what everybody else is eating (and wondering what the heck it is) was a lot of fun for us. However, I think to truly give the best review, we'd have to eat there a few more times.

This restaurant is not that expensive as long as you don't order the "special" stuff, e.g. shark's fin, abalone, birds nest, etc. These items will send your bill through the roof, and for me consumption of most of these articles, particularly shark's fin, is ethically dubious for various environmental reasons anyway.

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
“Great seafood and Chinese restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I went with a fairly large group. We had one of the private rooms with large table and big lazy susan in the middle. The Maitre'D explained each course as it arrived - one of the guys in the group had already ordered for all of us.
Food was uniformly excellent. Seafood was lovely. Compares well with the best restaurants I've eaten at in China, and food tasted fresher.

Vancouver, Canada
“One of the best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

If you are looking for Chinese food then this is the place.
One of the best chinese food restaurent in Vancouver, I go there very often.
The price is reasonable.