“Why even bother taking reservations?”

Kobe Japanese Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Kobe Japanese Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #439 of 3,776 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
“Why even bother taking reservations?”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Went to Kobe's last night during DineOut Vancouver, probably saw VanessaLe there! We had a reservation for 8:30 which we arrived 15 minutes early for, and after waiting for an hour after our reservation time we gave up and left. They absolutely could care less about their customers. Management offered weak apologies. Hostesses repeatedly stated that this is "just how it is on the weekends". Funny that I've never had any issue with any place I've dined downtown with a reservation (including a few different restaurants during dine out). Spend your money elsewhere, Osaka's on Broadway is a good bet. I won't return, I prefer to spend my money in a place that values customer service.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Liz L

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My dineout 2014 experience at Kobe was horrid. I had a reservation for two at 830pm, wasn't seated until 930pm. The hostess used dine out as an excuse and it being like this everywhere, I have to disagree because my experience everywhere else has been nothing more than great. Even worse, there are well over 30+ people besides myself waiting when they have booked well in advance. We went from standing at the stairs for 30 mins to being seated in the lounge for another 30. The staff nor manager failed to notify any of their customers nor apologized for the inconvenience. I would have at least expected a comp beverage for the inconvenience. Overall, the staff needs to learn how to manage time and develop customer skills better.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank VanessaLe
Vancouver, Canada
“Very average food for the price”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Kobe is successful because of the novelty of having your food cooked in front of you. It's a busy restaurant which makes for a nice experience. However, despite all the flambouyant peppermill juggling and flame shooting by the chefs, the food you end up with is...well...dead average. You'll find nothing under $40 and you'll find prices up to $250. Disappointing.

Visited January 2014
Penticton, Canada
“Very Good”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

It was our cooks first night and he did an amazing job both cooking and put on a great show. The food was great. Much better than ShoGun. I have been to Shogun in Prince George and the one in Ottawa. Kobe is 10 times better. Will go back for sure.

Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Average Japanese Teppanyaki Restaurant”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Family dinner for a holiday treat. The restaurant was very busy, service was very good. Large food portions, a bit expensive. The taste was good but not nothing special. The chef performed the standard show while preparing the food. For the price I would go somewhere as taste is more important to me.

• Visited December 2013