“overpriced for average food and service”
Review of La Terrazza

La Terrazza
Reserve with OpenTable
La Terrazza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #522 of 3,975 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Pacific
Transit: Find us one block from the Yaletown Canada Line station.
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My family had made a reservation for Christmas Eve dinner. I had picked La Terrazza based on a past experience years ago that was very positive. This time around we were all very disappointed. Although we made the reservation weeks ago we were seated not in the main dining room but in a second room that lacked any holiday atmosphere. Our server was adequate however not at all warm and friendly. He didn't once offer fresh ground pepper or freshly grated parmesan and considering the prices they charge I would expect to be offered these.
The food was average. I had ordered sable fish which arrived looking bland as everything on my plate was beige with the addition of some green kale. The food was also luke warm. Considering my dish was over $30 it was quite disappointing. Based on this experience I would not return.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We decided to have diner on a nice summer evening and enjoyed a beautiful cuisine on the patio. The wine list is very good and all the dishes were excellent. The Maitre'D and all the staff was professional and attentive without being invasive. Pleasant atmosphere in a classy decoration.

Really enjoyed it and look forward to do it again !

1  Thank caturiri
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We recently ate at La Terazza for a special occasion. As others have noted, the restaurant is very well decorated and has a nice ambiance. We came on a Wednesday evening around 8pm and it was very quiet - only people at 2 other tables.

The food was very good and the portions were not too small. However, whenever we asked the waiter for a recommendation, from drinks to applies and mains, he didn't really have any suggestions. He basically went through the menu items and would say "that is good" and "so is that". I even narrowed it down to 2 or 3 options and he still didn't have much an opinion.

All in all, we had a good experience primarily due to the nice ambiance and food. Service could use a little improvement given the price you pay to eat here. I would however give it another chance but its not on my "must go to" list in town.

1  Thank ToucanSm
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Nice restaurant for large gathering. Good food. Very attentive and professional staff. Would recommend.

Thank Craig and sheil... B
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My boyfriend and I went to La Terrazza with another couple and had an absolutely fantastic dinner. We were originally seated inside, but being a beautiful night, we asked to sit on the patio and were taken to a table right away. The patio is very nice (It is on a busy street but because the patio it is lined with trees and plants you would never know it and we didn't hear the traffic).

We all started with appetizers which were great and then moved on to our main courses which were delicious. We all made different meal choices and everyone raved about their meal. Also, the wine list was extensive and read like a book :)

We would highly recommend visiting La Terrazza if you are looking for a fabulous dining experience.

1  Thank ReeNeeRoo