“Lovely ambience and tasting menu”
Review of Raincity Grill - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: West End
Cross street: Davie Street
Reviewed 25 November 2013

On a very rainy Saturday in Vancouver, I came here without a reservation but was promptly and graciously seated. It was early enough for the prix fixe menu but opted for the 7 course tasting menu. Although not huge, the servings were adequate enough by the end of the meal. I could have eaten a bit more greenery than the minimal amount served in the arugula marrow salad but the grilled ahi tuna and halibut courses had more generous portions of protein. The ambience was pleasant and delivery of courses was well paced. Next time, for a shorter dining experience I will try the prix fixe meal.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We ate here with a group of 8 during a one night stopover in Vancouver. It was a lovely time, very relaxing. The food was beautiful plated and very yummy. I had the beet salad and halibut as my entree. Both were excellent. The service was great! Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have eaten here 4 times- live on the east coast so that's a lot. I have loved it every time. Bang for buck it is great and I have had a home run every time.
Everything on the menu is fantastic- I have had nor heard of a bas experience here!
Have had the tasting menu, a la carte and the table d'hôte- all fabulous!

1  Thank conandbob
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We took advantage of a Groupon to get this 6 course dinner at half price. The food was deliciously prepared and presented. Sometimes with this type of tasting menu you leave the restaurant hungry, not so with Raincity Grill. There was plenty of food to satiate my appetite. The experience was good value considering the 50% off Groupon, however, I would not have paid the full price for this meal. If you can get the coupon I highly recommend Raincity Grill.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Raincity Grill has a great reputation and its a bit curious--on what is it based? I was there with my wife and son to celebrate his birthday and we had a pretty mixed evening of it. My wife and I found the food to be between average and below average, though our son found it to be excellent. The chef seems to have gone in for flash and bang in terms of presentation and to have foregone quality in terms of preparation. Rather sad to say the least. One thing that was absolutely inexcusable was that the fries I ordered to have with my moules arrived after the moule were consumed--some 15 minutes after the mains were served. Bad form. Sloppy kitchen work. I/we wont be going back, especially at the prices that they charge for their substandard meals.