“Good food, friendly service”

Simply Thai Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Simply Thai Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #390 of 3,750 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Drake
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Good food, friendly service”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I was staying next door (across street) at the Opus Hotel, and called in an order for pickup. I ordered via phone, and the hostess handled the phone order well and promptly was able to tell me how much it would total and when it would be ready (10 minutes).

I ordered the fried wontons appetizer, to-die-for. Served hot with a spicy sauce to dip them in, and they were absolutely yummy.

I ordered the chicken with basil and bamboo and veggies (#77?), and it was excellent as well. The chicken was cooked perfectly, and balanced well with the veggies and bamboo. I ordered a side of jasmine rice as well, and poured the chicken over it, which really made for a good combo.

All told my bill was $30, and I couldn't finish it. I come from a part of the country (where I currently live) that has zero legitimate Thai food, and having been to Thailand and lived in California before now I know what real Thai food is and have missed it. Simply Thai met that need I've had for good Thai!

As a side note aside from food details, they have about 15 table inside and a nice atmosphere and ambience. They do have outside tables for the nicer days, and are in a great part of town.

• Visited April 2013

Langley, BC
“Simply Great!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Excellent food at Simply Thai. Our group of four really enjoyed the curries and the usual Pad Thai. Our waiter was friendly, if a little distracted (i.e. allowed one of our party to sample the wine, then he put it back in the ice bucket and left it to us to pour!) Very good value as our bill was $120 for 4 of us. Conveniently located in Yaletown. We will return.

• Visited April 2013
Bermuda
“Good food, fast service”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The food was really good, there were four of us and we all enjoyed our meals. The service was fast and the menu was quite good. It was a Thursday and we didn't have to wait for a table.

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta
“Really good Thai Food and Friendly Service”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This Thai restaurant is really good, would say is possibly the 2nd best Thai restaurant I have ever visited ( foodwise ) prices are reasonable for the quality and quantity you get. I decided to go with the Green curry and made it Hot ( not Extra Hot as the waitress scared me ) Hot was nicely hot, to the point I had tears in my eyes; exactly how I love it. I couldve gone with the extra hot but I suppose going for Hot let me taste the dish as well :). The order arrived and I could smell the spices and the curry it was wonderful. Their menu is big; so I can only base my review on the green curry that I received. I never been a fan of bamboo shoots; but I love how thinly they chopped them this not overwhelming the flavor of the shoots with the rest of the dish. Would defenetly come back next time im in Vancouver :)

• Visited March 2013
Toronto
“Simply Thai, simply great”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I've been a huge fan of this little gem for many years, and our most recent visit didn't disappoint. Dinner Sunday with friends, nice and quiet their first visit and rave reviews on all counts.

Started with the green papaya salad, fresh, crisp and just the right amount of heat.
Mains arrived, Pad Thai with chicken, Scallops Prig Paow, Garlic chicken and the star of the show, C6 - Salmon Pa-nang, Fresh Wild Salmon in a thick red curry with coconut milk,
bell peppers, topped with fresh Thai basil and lime leaves.

My first visit to Grace's kitchen was when they were testing this item, and I'm really glad to see it remains on the menu. BC salmon meets Thai red curry, and folks, they are besties. The salmon plays nicely with the curry and coconut and you can get the spice level to order. Go medium heat, you can take it, nice tingle in the tastebuds and not crazy hot.

Ended with fried bananas with mango ice cream - perfect way to cap a great evening.
Dinner for 4, including wine ($38) was about $160, and well worth it.
Service attentive, never intrusive, we felt welcomed from start to finish.
Not a lot of tables here, reservations recommended.

• Visited February 2013