“good food, poor service”

The Butcher & Bullock
Ranked #311 of 3,976 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: A pub in the time-honoured style, The Butcher & Bullock has been a popular hangout for the downtown business set for 20+ years. Dark brown wainscoting and aged black & white photos complement the room’s traditional furnishings and various conversation pieces. On weekdays, The Butcher & Bullock regulars crowd the comfortable room to loosen their ties, enjoy modern pub food, take in a game and just relax. The games area features a pool table, video games and a jukebox fully loaded with both new and classic tunes. The Butcher & Bullock also features 28 types of craft and domestic beer, custom cocktails and an extensive wine list.
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My boyfriend and I recently ate here off the dine-out menu. The food was delicious, absolutely. The service, however, was terrible. Our first drinks and the appetizer came pretty quickly, but we waited about 15-20 minutes for our second drinks. Our dinner actually came before the beers arrived. When we finished dinner we waited about another 20-25 minutes after they cleared our plates before the dessert was finally brought out. With the dine-out menu you pick the appy, entree and dessert up front so I was very confused as to what the hold up was. Unfortunately our server disappeared for most of our meal.

1  Thank tastytreats89

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The service is terrible, food is....don't know never got my meal.
Call ahead, reserve for a group, show on time, 30% of our group still did not have food after two hours! I paid for my beer and left, on top of that I paid a manditory service charge because it was a group, no excuse, bad all around, manager could not care less.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We visited this pub as we wanted something fairly simple and not too far away from our hotel after a long flight.
The beer list is fairly extensive and the menu is decent pub grub.
We opted for hot sandwiches which were both very good and exactly what we needed as we wanted something fairly simple.
There are many screens showing sports around the place which we didn't mind but can get noisy if there is a local game on, but it was nice for us to soak up the atmosphere on the first night of our holiday.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

The Butcher & Bullock is in a great location downtown near the waterfront, it has a sports-bar atmosphere with lots of flat screens spread about so that one does not have to crane one's neck in order to check up on a play. Good food and beer selection make this a safe bet for a bite after work.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My hubby & I were staying at Le Soleil hotel in Vancouver (highly recommended place to stay-impeccable service & rooms!) on Sept. 12-13, 2013 and had finished our window shopping so we were starting to get quite thirsty. Our hotel concierge recommended The Butcher & Bullock down the street.
This pub chain (Donnelly Group) has a great list of local beers on tap and I had a pint of the Steamworks Pilsener & Rob ordered a pint of Ganville Island Lager but we weren't hungry as we had lunch a few hours before. We went back on the 13th for another drink where I had a 18 oz. pint of Carlsberg & my hubby had Granville Island lager again. This time, we were looking at the city guides and both the waitress (#18 & 85 were great) and the chef (who was sitting behind us doing paperwork) were very helpful giving ideas of what to do & see in Vancouver.

The pubs are classically decorated with dark, wood walls & soft lighting with flickering oil lamps. The food menu looked really appetizing and the bartender was helpful explaining some of the local beers on tap.

Great place to go for service, drink & food options! Lisa-Ladysmith, BC