“Novelty with a View”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: West End
Cross street: Beach Avenue
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We took guests from Ottawa to the Stonegrill. It was more for the entertainment value and waterfront view that allowed us to reconnect over a long dinner with friends. The server was most pleasant and informed.
It was unfortunate that 1-2 menu items that I ordered were unavailable. As our food was served and sizzled on the hot granite stones we enjoyed the portobello mushrooms, and mussels for an appetizer. Our guests ordered steak and salmon. Not sure how they would rate their experience.
The food was tasty, but the fish I ordered was very fatty and spattered throughout my whole meal from cooking till the time I finished. Good thing I had a linen napkin to protect my clothing.
Twice in 16 years will do for a long time. Our pocket book doesn't support the bill.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

One set of cutlery,not a safe way to eat especially dealing with raw food.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

If you are in the mood for it, this place is different, and fun. I quite enjoy it when I go, but I find the folks I take either love it or hate the concept. They bring you a hot stone and you cook your own meat.

1  Thank TerraNovaExplores
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We had a 2 for 1 coupon so it was okay. Otherwise, the Stonegrill is a bit expensive.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

We were the last customers at the restaurant on a Monday, so we had the whole place to ourselves that night. It was quiet, beautiful and the service was great. The view was the best part about it, looking back at Granville Island was beautiful.

I thought the food was very reasonably priced. I read other posts about how they though the food was expensive. The website only had the menu and not prices...so I was a bit worried, but when we got there, the prices were very reasonable. We had the mixed grill and seafood combination. Lots of food and it was lots of fun! we also shared a soup and a cake. Although the soup was really normal, I could have made it and the cake was again... nothing special.

Overall I thought it was a great experience and great value.