“Awesome food but bad service!”
Review of Stonegrill - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: West End
Cross street: Beach Avenue
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Went to this restaurant last week for our parent's anniversary, The food was really good and the price was decent. I ordered petite fillet which was really soft and added $13 to get the soup, dessert and tea. However, the hostess that was helping us had no smile on her face. She looked like as she is mad at the world. When she was pouring wine for us, she had her feet crossed standing and leaned back as if she was at home. We had to asked her a few times to add more water to our glass. I was really disappointed at her service that night, The food was really good though. I would come back another time just for the food and hope she wouldn't be our hostess again.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We took friends to this restaurant. It’s got a great view over the river. There is plenty of room and it’s lovely and chilled. The staff were friendly and did not rush us. Lots of great sea food and steaks to choose from which you can cook yourself on a hot stone. Food was good quality, and while more expensive than some places I feel good value.

Also just as a note, this is on the Downtown side of Granville right under the bridge ( our friends taxi took them to the wrong side originally).

Nice experience.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

We took guests from Ottawa to the Stonegrill. It was more for the entertainment value and waterfront view that allowed us to reconnect over a long dinner with friends. The server was most pleasant and informed.
It was unfortunate that 1-2 menu items that I ordered were unavailable. As our food was served and sizzled on the hot granite stones we enjoyed the portobello mushrooms, and mussels for an appetizer. Our guests ordered steak and salmon. Not sure how they would rate their experience.
The food was tasty, but the fish I ordered was very fatty and spattered throughout my whole meal from cooking till the time I finished. Good thing I had a linen napkin to protect my clothing.
Twice in 16 years will do for a long time. Our pocket book doesn't support the bill.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

One set of cutlery,not a safe way to eat especially dealing with raw food.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

If you are in the mood for it, this place is different, and fun. I quite enjoy it when I go, but I find the folks I take either love it or hate the concept. They bring you a hot stone and you cook your own meat.

1  Thank TerraNovaExplores