“great all around”

Ranked #354 of 3,943 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Centrally located, and only minutes away from the Waterfront Station, Vancouver Convention Centre, Cruise Ship Terminal, Rogers Arena and Canada Place, TC Lions Pub is the ideal place to meet up with friends, watch a game and enjoy the best traditional British fare Coal Harbour has to offer.
Reviewed 5 February 2014

-great service, good atmosphere, delicious food
-beef dip with the crispy onions was very large and filling
-great drink selection
-ample room for larger parties

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I've been to the Lions Pub a number of times over the years, since it's close to my work. In that time the food has improved tremendously. The salads are fresh and innovative. The Spinach and Quinoa salad makes a great lunch. Yummy pub fare in the evening I've had includes, the nachos (huge), coconut prawns and the dry ribs.

The wine selections are limited in number but what's on this list is varied and they include some wonderful small BC wineries (Joie as an example).

I've brought clients for lunch and hit the pub in the evening for get togethers with friends and service has always been pretty good on each occassion.

Only downsides are when it's busy it can be quite nosy and there aren't many places where you can find a quiet corner. And the menu doesn't change often but they always have daily specials.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My soup as great, however my hubby's steak was terrible. I also ordered the mini Yorkshire pudding that was not that great. Great service

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I've tried almost all of the top-rated Vancouver pubs in my 3 years here, including the Irish Heather, the Alibi Room, Rogue, Guilt Co, the Pint, etc...I have to say that Lion's Pub has some of the best quality pub food I've had period. You pay about $2 more, but it's worth it. My wife and I wanted to try everything on the menu AFTER we had eaten our meals. That's how impressed we were.

As for the drinks, the beer selection is much batter than most bars as well. They have a bunch of craft beers and the taps are great. Service was very friendly too. I had to pay it forward for this place, as they deserve more business, especially when people complain on these sites because of very trivial, silly things.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

The service was a little slow but very friendly. The food was excellent! The nachos were delicious as was the Sangria. It was really nice outside on the patio.