“Consistently good”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Granville
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We order take out from this restaurant occasionally and the food is always good. The pad thai, and the yellow curried chicken or prawns and the mixed vegetables is what we usually order and have never been disappointed. The delivery is fast and the food is hot.

• Visited August 2013

Abbotsford, Canada
“Nice place to get together with friends”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had dinner with friends here last night. There were 6 of us. We had a very nice get together and it was nice that Thai House did not rush us at any point. We were 3 hours socializing over dinner and at no time was there any indication from the staff that we had overstayed our welcome.

As others have mentioned the restaurant is very dark and I would imagine that in the winter months it would be downright gloomy and depressing. It is not the sort of place for a romantic evening.

The service was decent. But at times I think that they forgot about us. One of the couples arrived a bit later than the rest of us and their drink orders were not delivered for a good 20 minutes. I think they forgot. However on the bright side they allowed us to visit and did not rush us to order or to settle the bill after we had finished dinner. The food was okay. Some of the dishes were very good others were somewhat disappointing. A new menu item – a different recipe for pad thai was disappointing. It was made with egg noodles, more of a spaghetti type noodle rather than the rice noodle and the sauce looked like it was catsup based. Peanuts and bean sprouts were provided to mix in with the noodles. Our friend who ordered this dish forgot to ask for the meat with the dish so it was just the noodles with the catsup like sauce. It was very disappointing . Chicken with spinach was not very interesting nor was a dish of green beans with beef. Prawns with Penang curry were very good. A dish of mango with cashew nuts and pork was okay, nothing special. The best dish that we had was the deep fried cod with their special sauce on a bed of spinach. For dessert we all had mud pie – 3 orders. They do not have a good supplier for their mud pie. It was one of the worst mud pies that I’ve had. The servings are somewhat on the small side. I was still hungry after dinner and dessert and I do not have a huge appetite. We had 2 entertainment coupons so it was a very reasonable meal. 5 of us had beer or wine and with tip it was $50.00 a couple.

I would probably give it another try but it is not a restaurant I would make a special trip to dine at.

There is meter parking right in front of the restaurant but if you drive just a block further on 7th there is free street parking

• Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Great pad thai with chicken”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The great thing about the Thai House restaurant chain is that you can expect to get great Thai food at anyone of its Vancouver locations. Consistent quality and great service. My friend and visited the location in the Kitsilano neighbourhood. The pad thai with chicken is at its usual high quality.

Word of advice: if you dine at the Thai House on your birthday, the restaurant will give you a free rain umbrella with the official Thai House logo.

• Visited November 2012
“Rude and overpriced.”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Food tastes good and ambiance is nice but is totally ruined with the rude waitress who I think is the wife of the manager. He is absolutely rude rude rude! Yelled at me over the phone when he messed up our take-out order. My friend was vegetarian and he put shrimp in her food. Yelled at me when I asked them to fix it and then made a point of taking the other dish back when the delivery guy came. We used to visit here a lot and I am serious when I say that, on several occasions, I could swear that there was less food in my doggie bag than what was on my plate when I asked them to pack it up. I don't care so much about not getting the food as I am with where my food is going once it re-enters the kitchen. To be fair, the people clearing plates and serving water have always been polite and attentive. Have been to this restaurant at least 10 times but after the yelling incident I am never going back. Go to Papaya hut one block up the street. Food is cheaper and you won't get the attitude.

• Visited September 2011
“Great Thai food”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We have eaten at all the Thai restaurants in vancouver and we keep coming back to this one. Victor and Lea the managers of this restaurant are really nice and provide great service. The grapau chicken is the best in the city. Curries are all rally good as well as their fried rice. The best is when they did the weekend brunch all you can eat. They had it then they finished doing it for a couple of years. Very happy they brought it back, More expensive but still worth it cause of the variety and the fact that the menu is all you can eat, but ade once you order it. Not a buffet with food sitting out. Order what you want and how much you want and they bring it out. Great idea. Very fresh. regular menu is great for dinner and they have lunch specials too. Been going here for 15 years now and keep going back.

• Visited July 2012