“Another great meal at Lupo” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lupo Restaurant

Lupo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lupo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 3,676 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Between Robson & Smithe
Transit: Near Skytrain and bus routes
Description: Modern Italian cooking emphasizing quality and value. Lupo Restaurant located at the entrance to Vancouver’s famous Yaletown area. Theatres, Concert and sporting venues all within a short walk.
Vancouver, Canada
“Another great meal at Lupo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I ate here recently with family and a friend who was visiting from Australia. She was very impressed.
To nibble on with a glass of wine as we perused the menu my brother ordered the octopus carpaccio. Wow! Not only was it presented like a work of art, but the flavours were subtle and delicious. That was a hit so we also shared the chicken foie gras parfait...OMG, that was so silky and yummy we were almost fighting over it. My friend who normally does not like foie gras or pate of any kind was an instant convert to this dish.

Our main courses were all very good as well, I had pasta with wild mushrooms which was very tasty. The only slight let-down came with dessert, we all agreed they were just very average.

The service was very good and we sat in the front room which was very pleasant.
We will continue to dine here, always a good experience.

Dallas
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Loved the service and the food was excellent. Ask to set in the back. The front is to loud. Make sure you come hungry so you can try several different things.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
ca
“Outstanding Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great Service, Great Food and Great Wine List. This is a must if you are staying at the Westin Grand

Visited June 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent appies, good mains”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our party of four went early evening for dinner (arrived 6:30) with reservations for a Saturday evening. I don't know what it's like weekdays, but I suspect reservations on Friday or Saturday are essential as the restaurant was packed when we arrived and stayed full for our time there (just short of two hours).

First, as others have written, staff was very welcoming and available without being intrusive (always a good sign!) We were planning a long evening after dinner so we didn't have much to drink (just water, beers, espressos) so I can't speak to the wine list.

Appies: each couple shared an appetizer - ours was a special recommended by our waiter with paper thin slices of octopus in an excellent salad, perfectly dressed, truly outstanding. Mains: I had the pork cheeks linquini while my husband had the braised beef short ribs. Our companions had the ravioli and a pasta with mushrooms. All the pasta dishes were tasty but I would not call them exceptional (mine was too salty - and I like salt!). However, that is said having just spent several weeks in Italy- so I temper that by saying they were definitely a cut above the usual pasta in North America - even at restaurants "known" for their pasta. I notice from their website menu that the pasta options change with frequency. The winner by far of the Mains for taste and presentation was the braised beef short ribs -- on par with what we've experienced in Spain and Italy.

To finish we all had the special: a lemon torte with a bacio (chocolate & hazelnut) gelato and espressos.

The torte was beautifully presented and while very good, not exceptional.

I suggest asking your server for recommendations: ours suggested the octopus starter and we were very glad he had - and on being asked, said the short ribs are always a favorite of diners.

All in all a very good dinner, excellent service, and a new favorite in Vancouver!

1 Thank ASASG_7
Pasadena, California
“Delicious Italian food at a cozy, friendly restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was recommended by the concierge at our hotel (L'Hermitage) and we didn't know what to expect. It is a small restaurant in an old, cozy Victorian house that had an extra front room built on the front. The staff were exceptionally friendly and made us feel very welcome. The atmosphere was informal but pleasant. There were people of all ages and degrees of formality there.
It was not inexpensive. Two of us shared an antipasto, bread, and dessert. We each had our own main dish (osso bucco and ravioli) and wine (I had one glass of BC white wine, my husband had a flight of 3 samples of red Italian wine. The bill for the food, not including tax or tip, came to CAD 118 which is substantially more than we normally spend for dinner. Although I enjoyed the entire meal, I thought the burrata and tomato antipasto was almost worth the entire cost. The flavor was superb. My ravioli was a bit of a let down after that. All in all, I recommend this restaurant for a very enjoyable evening.

Visited June 2014