“We were pampered”

House On Dunbar B&B
Ranked #20 of 56 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed three nights at House on Dunbar, and we had an absolutely wonderful time! We were very pleased with the comfortable room, the spotless bathroom, and the extra amenities that were provided, such as complimentary snacks and sodas, robes and slippers, and bath products in the shower. Joanne took pains to create delicious, healthy breakfasts, and took any food sensitivities into account. She was helpful in providing information for day trips, and did anything in her power to ensure her guests were comfortable and happy. All of this for a very reasonable price - much less than would be spent in a downtown hotel, and with a much better atmosphere!

We particularly liked the community area that was provided for guests. The guest area is on the bottom floor, and separate from the family living area, upstairs. This allows guests to feel some sense of independence, and helps avoid that feeling of "being underfoot" that you can get when staying in another person's home. We got to know our fellow guests, and spent hours talking and laughing and sharing stories. It became the highlight of our evenings!

Room Tip: The Kitsilano bedroom has a separate bathroom, which is down the hall. It is not a shared bathroom...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
HouseOnDunbar, Owner at House On Dunbar B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

You and your very pleasant personalities were a joy to have at my B&B.
You interact so well with other guests that makes my job so much fun.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

The location is quiet and convenient. We took a taxi to Coal Harbour and the fare was reasonable. A clean and comfortable B&B. Even though we had one very early morning, breakfast was made available to us. Accommodations were made for allergies and food intolerance. Breakfast was absolutely delicious!! Very healthy. Our hostess gave great information regarding amenities. A definite repeat experience.

Room Tip: Higher floor may be warm in summer.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your stay at House On Dunbar B&B.
It was a pleasure to meet you and you daughter.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Our stay in House On Dunbar B & B was accompanied by a feeling like coming home. Joanne every morning prepared a delicious and healthy breakfast. She supplied us with much information on Vancouver and was very helpful on planning our day-trips.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
CDA1734, Owner at House On Dunbar B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

So nice to hear from you.
I remember your visit well, the lovely chats we had and your bubbly personalities.
Perhaps someday you will visit again; it would be so nice.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

The House on Dunbar was a perfect home away from home during our 2 weeks in Vancouver this autumn. The location close to Pacific Spirit Regional Park was ideal for many walks in the nature and served as a relaxing compliment to the many trips to the city centre. Joanne was very helpful and accommodating, and we thoroughly enjoyed her hospitality and the excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
CDA1734, Owner at House On Dunbar B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay at House On Dunbar.
I also enjoyed meeting your two adult children; you have done a wonderful job raising them.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Then the House on Dunbar is a good second choice. Joanne treats guests more like friends or family than as a hotel guest. The breakfasts are very tasty and can be adapted to your own needs and personal tastes. The location is convenient to the airport and UBC, and is in a very pleasant neighborhood that abuts Pacific Spirit Park. There is convenient bus service to Kitsilano, UBC and downtown, and a variety of interesting shops and restaurants within walking distance. Our room catered to our every need and the interior design of the whole house is both unique and comfortable. Both the house and the neighborhood were very quiet. Since our son lives nearby, I'm sure we'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
HouseOnDunbar, Owner at House On Dunbar B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you for your kind words.
My goal is to provide an atmosphere where my visitors feel that they are more than guests.
I am happy that you feel that I have achieved this.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

My youngest daughter and I spent 2 nights in the 2010 Suite while moving my oldest daughter into her student rental. The location is ideal- 5 minutes from UBC and 15 minutes from downtown/Granville Island. Joanne was extremely friendly and accomodating, the room was immaculate and lovely, and the amenities were wonderful. As for the breakfast- it was fabulous/gourmet quality- definately not the average selection!
I would strongly recomend Joanne's beautiful B&B to anyone looking for a high quality, truly enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your visit.
"Delightful" is also the term I would use to describe your daughter. Very bubbly young lady!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here! From the moment I opened the beautiful front door to relaxing in the lovely garden the next morning. My bed was so comfortable and the room was very clean. I'm a young Kiwi Living in Australia and the waffles with Canadian maple syrup and raspberries for breakfast were a real treat. Close to cafes and a few minutes to the beach and the owner was very welcoming :) If you're looking for a quiet place on a business trip or a home for the weekend I would highly recommend this B&B

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jordan D

It would be so great to see you and one of my favorite people again.
I understand that CONGRATULATIONS are in order.
My Best to all three of you!