“Excellent B&B”

House On Dunbar B&B
Ranked #20 of 53 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The moment I met Joanne and saw the hotel, I felt like living at home. Fully equipped kitchen and spacious living room. Comfortable queen sized bed. Very nice breakfast. Joanne provided me usefule local information, which made my stay easier. The location of the hotel is very convenient for the visitors to reach the university and the downtown.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for House On Dunbar B&B

Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the moment we arrived at House on Dunbar B&B, Joanne was very accommodating. She provided us recommendations including maps, restaurants, and places to explore. House on Dunbar has everything you may need including laundry, a fully equipped kitchen, free wifi and computer access, local telephone calls, and great service!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Joanne Renwick is such an out standing hostess, her meals were great as were the accommodations. We stayed two nights at the end of July. July 26th was the first night of the Honda Celebration of Lights (fireworks) that lasted a full 30 minutes. Getting us back to her B & B after 11 pm. No problem as she provided with keys to the house.

She went out of her way to make us very comfortable, with early meals before we headed out to see the sights of Vancouver and prior to taking the ferry from Tsawassen to Victoria.

Her B & B is certainly a 5 out of 5 for excellent. We would and certainly have recommended her B & B to friends and will make a effort to return.

Thank YOU Joanne.

Room Tip: Location near to central Vancouver, BC. We stayed during a recorded breaking heat and her Ai/C sure...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

It is a chaming house with a friendly and supporting owner. The breakfast will beat all Hotel buffets as create and special. The surrounding area is perfect to relax after coming from your trip from downtown. Quiet and Close to Pacific Spirit Park. Joanne Keep all necessary touritic informations and brochure ready for your stay in Voncouver.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Joanne has a beautiful home in a very quiet neighborhood, walking distance from at least two parks. She can be quite helpful with planning your stay.

A highlight of this B&B is the common area on the main floor, which is for guest use only, has lots of windows and skylights, a complete kitchen, and opens up to the back yard.

Room Tip: The small-to-medium-sized UBC Room on the ground floor has a street-facing garden window. The Kitsil...
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My daughter was starting UBC and I was looking for something nearby for the week. In order to make sure there was room available I opted to email the owners directly. They informed there was and advised me to make a reservation on the website. I logged on to their website and indeed found there was a room available to which I immediately replied and placed a reservation. A few days later I received an email to say there was no room available as someone had 'just made the reservation'. I was particularly upset since this was why I contacted them directly in the first place to avoid such situations.
VERY disappointed!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank M M
HouseOnDunbar, Owner at House On Dunbar B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

When I emailed you to state that I had availability, I did so from my mobile site, with all my best intentions.
I am not able to update my system 100% of the time, especially when I am not in front of my computer.

The message that displayed on my reservation system when you viewed my availability:
I make my best effort to keep availability up to date but the availability display may have changed since I last updated.

The message that displayed when your reservation request was completed:
Your reservation is NOT confirmed until you receive email confirmation.

It is unfortunate that I was not able to accommodate you but I always accept my reservations on a first come, first served basis.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were here for five nights at the last leg of our trip. The house is located in a beautiful residential area, 5 minute walk from the bus stop that can take one downtown with bus no 007 (a 20 minute ride). It has a nice backyard that allows guests to find serenity and sunlight whenever needed. There were also kitchen facilities, fridge, and a sunny guest shared livingroom.

Joanne is a very professional yet friendly host. She ensured us having a comfortable stay. Each morning we were given a choice of continental breakfast or a fully cooked breakfast for the next morning breakfast. We opted for full breakfasts and never disappointed. Joanne provided different professionally cooked breakfast everyday and the taste was excellent! She also provided complimentary snack that guests can enjoy whenever they feel like it.

We stayed in 2 different rooms: 2010 Room and Kitsilano Room. Both rooms are tastefully designed and comfortable. The only minor thing is that Kitsilano has the private bathroom outside of the room. So if one needs to go very often at night, one might consider 2010 Room or UBC Room which have ensuite instead. 2010 Room is also warmer in comparison to Kitsilano Room.

Overall experience was wonderful and we can highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose 2010 or UBC rooms if you prefer ensuite. The warmest room is 2010 Room. But all rooms have ai...