“Consistently the best Indian food we get in town”
Review of raga

raga
Ranked #1,088 of 3,776 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shaughnessy
North Vancouver, Canada
“Consistently the best Indian food we get in town”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Been a customer for decades and continue to love and recommend this restaurant. The food is perfect everytime and it has been a joy to receive their hospitality -- that is the same for strangers and regulars alike.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank shnti

Vancouver, Canada
“Best in Vancouver”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We went to the Raga for dinner and I have to say this IS the best in Vancouver. All the dishes we ordered were spiced to perfection. I can't say which dish I liked better because all of them had its own character. In the past have found many Indian restaurants use the same combination of spices which makes all the dishes taste the same or the dishes do not have much dimension. This is not true for the Raga.
I will definitely return for another fabulous feast. Did I mention the portions were quite generous? Lucky me I took to work the what we couldn't eat for my lunch. Super leftovers!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Sharon_Love-to-Visit
Vancouver
“Most consistently delicious Indian Food I've had in Vancouver”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This is one of those places that stand out for my partner and me. I admit that I have eaten their for major occasions when more upscale restaurants were definitely options. As soon as I start to think about the Butter Chicken or Mango Chicken and the superb Garlic Naan my mouth begins to water and there is no going back!

There was a point in time when we lived only a couple of blocks away. That was dangerous. Now we live on the other site of town but make our way there when we want a truly exceptional Indian meal.

And we're always greated affectionately by the staff.

OK now my mouth is watering. I'm thinking it's time to go back to the Raga for another visit, very soon.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Jeff F
Kirkland, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We had dinner here the other night while visiting Vancouver and it was excellent. The Chicken Masala and the Butter Prawns were both very good. The service was excellent. When we want Indian food in Vancouver, we will definitely come back here.

• Visited July 2011
Whistler, Canada
“Grandaddy of Indian Restaurants!!!”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

What a find this was!! We have been craving a good Indian for awhile and after reading through the recommendations on Tripadvisor we decided on Raga - WOW!! Simply delicious - the restaurant is 30years old this year and is testimony to the excellent food and wonderful service. The lady who served us has worked there for 28 years and is a hive of information about the history of the restaurant and amazing for recommendations!! We were not disappointed and will definitely be back next time we're in Vancouver. You just have to look at the other reviews to see this is the place to be for a great taste of India!!