“love it!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I love this restaurant! its in front of the sky train (easy to get there), the service is good and the food was great! I would definitely recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We live 2 blocks from this place, and have tried it once. The service was slow (Although there was a group of teenagers there when we were. The food was fresh-ish, but now fresh enough. Again, I wish it were better.

Reviewed 3 September 2009

I would not recommend this restaurant. My boyfriend and I went for the first time tonight. In a nutshell:
1) They were out of a lot of items at the buffet, and the restaurant was not even busy.
2) The seafood in my meal tasted fishy (was not fresh).
3) My friend's stirfry was both overcooked (chicken) and undercooked (vegetables).
4) The margarita I had was clearly made from a POWDERED drink mix. Unacceptable for $6.
5) The service was unbelievably slow. The server did not tell us how we were supposed to prepare our meals, so we sat there for a good 20 minutes, wondering when he was going to take our order. It took another 20 minutes for our food to arrive after we had given it to the cook, and at least 15 minutes for the server to bring me a fountain drink I had ordered.

If I had gone to McDonald's and gotten this type of service, I would not have cared. But for the amount that we paid ($45 for the 2 of us) the service and food was unacceptable. We did not finish our meals and ended up going to the Wendy's across the street for some fries. That was FAR more satisfying (and cheaper!) than what we got at the Mongolie Grill.
If you really want a stir-fry, go to the U-Grill in the food court at Metrotown. Half the price, a fraction of the time, and better food.

Oh, and they played country music in the restaurant.

1  Thank flamingonion
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 30 April 2008

Nice to have them grill up exactly what you want...not very expensive.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook