“A proper burger” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #781 of 3,678 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Fast food, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: South Main
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“A proper burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

A burger does not have to be a processed, mass produced, flavourless hit of grease. It can be a thing of real flavour and satisfaction. Vera's burgers thankfully are nothing like the flavourless efforts churned out by the Golden Arches - these are proper burgers.

During our stay in Vancouver we went twice (once in Gastown and once on Davie) on both occasions the burgers were great. The fries crispy and flavoursome. The onion rings large and containing proper onion. The shakes thick and creamy. What more can you ask for.

The Gastown venue is a bit more polished than the one on Davie but don't be out off, both are great. If you have a taste for the hot stuff have some bottle caps. Deep fried jalapeño pepper slices in a light batter. Not a substitute for fries but a great dish to share (between four of you).

Recommend the bacon and cheese burger with The Works but between the seven of us we had a real cross section of the entire menu. No one was disappointed.

Visited August 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Middle of the road”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We were tired and hungry and looking for a good burger. This place came recommended from a nearby store owner. The burgers were ok ( a bit small), fries were not my fav, as I like fresh cut fries. The beer was decent, Grenville Lager.
Would I go back? Probably not. I'll try something new.

• Visited August 2013
Cambridge, Canada
“great burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Was recommended to eat here and I was very happy. The burgers are large and very tasty. The staff were very friendly and I would eat here again in a second!

• Visited June 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Best fast food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

“You can’t beat Vera’s meat! “ It is actually true (if we are only talking about fast foods). The burgers are delicious, the service is fast and they totally make it worth your money; the burgers size is big and the beef yummy!! You don’t pay much more than you usually would at McDonald’s or other crappy places and you actually have quality in your sandwich! I encourage everybody to support them by picking Vera over other low quality establishments every time you feel like getting fast food!
Big bonus: the staffs are friendly and efficient unlike other places!
Strongly recommend.

• Visited January 2013
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Cheeseburger & Chili-Cheese-Fries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I used to live near this area on West 21st Ave. and always loved wandering up and down Main Street. Just a fun /funky local area as I am sure most would attest.
After biking one Sunday we had decided to give the much heard about Vera's a try. And they did not disappoint. Since that first visit, Vera's has become my favorite place to get a cheeseburger in Vancouver.

On that first visit, our server /cook/ host took a moment to get to know me a bit and after over 20 visits and 3 years later he still remembers me and always greets me with a familiar comment! How does this guy remember all the people over the years! Impressive.

The other night I wanted a Cheeseburger and even though I live in Yaletown now, I do not mind the drive over to good old Main Street to visit my favorite Vera's. And I was not disappointed. The service was amazing AGAIN and the burger was so so tasty.
Made me wonder "How do people eat fast food burgers?" I don't ... if I want a burger, and trust me the urge comes often enough, I know where to get a good one - Vera's Burger Shack.

And, yeah I know, Chili-Cheese-Fries. Can't have them every night but when I do, Vera's got this locked down. Fookin yummy is all I have to say.

Nice job Vera's. ;-)