“Best Thai food in this city.”
Review of Kunnai Chang - Madame Elephant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: West End
Montreal, Canada
“Best Thai food in this city.”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My g/f and I are regulars at Kunnai Chang. The food is so good. We went last with friends and there were a total of five of us. We ordered a Pad Thai, Stir fry chicken with cashews and three different types of curry (red, green and panang) with lots of coconut rice. It was our friends first visit there as they lived outside of the city. They were amazed by their dishes. There were only good words for the food and the service. We didn't order starters and were still full just by eating our mains. The portions are very generous. The coconut rice rocks. it is almost desert. The rice is aromatic and very flavourful, it actually does taste like coconut. It is so good, my g/f usually order one to go so we can have it for breakfast the next morning... A definite go. I will return for sure.

• Visited December 2013

Vancouver, BC
“Delicious Thai - Best in the City!”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I moved into the neighborhood just weeks after this little gem of a restaurant opened its doors for business. A friend had already eaten there and highly recommended it, and given that he is a foodie and very picky about where and what he eats, I had high hopes for this place. And did they deliver! The food here is outstanding! I have taken many of my family, friends, and colleagues here and everyone agrees; it's delicious. I even know someone that travels an hour into the city just to eat here - it's that good! Depending on my mood I will usually have the Thai Basil Prawns, Cashew Nut Chicken, or Yellow Curry Chicken and I am never disappointed. The quality is excellent. The flavors are ambrosial. The staff is kind and courteous. The price is very reasonable. The portions are generous. Eating here is really a delightful experience. I have been to other Thai restaurants in the city but I don't think any of them can compete with Madame Elephant. Try it - you'll love it! Oh, and they also have a wonderful $7.95 lunch special which includes soup, a spring role and an entree.

• Visited November 2011