“Good food, drinks and staff.”
Review of Jimmy's Tap House - CLOSED

Jimmy's Tap House
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Good lounge style food and drinks. Go during Canuck games for a surprise! Lots of TV s with sports on, nice waitresses and friendly bar tenders.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and I stopped by on a Saturday evening. The patio was a very enjoyable place to sit and have a drink. My husband ordered the special which was steak and prawns and I had the truffle fries. The steak was thin and chewy and the prawns were over done and flavorless. The Caesar Salad was wilted and soggy. My fries had too much truffle oil and it was all that I could taste. I would come back to enjoy a drink on the patio but would steer clear of the food.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Without a doubt,the worst bar in Vancouver.We waited a good 15 minutes for the waitress to come and when she came she told us she could not serve us right now as other people were asking for their bill. When I insisted she took the order. And then we waited and waited......to the point that we just left! She came running after us telling us the drinks were ready at the bar. Really why weren't they at our table all that time. We went and she swore at us.DO NOT bother with that place.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

The pub has an excellent location and has a license to sell alcohol to the public. That is as positive as it gets. The wait staff does not care are it shows in the alleged service. S L O W does not begin to describe the way they move. While their "appie" hour specials seem to be appealing, it is not worth the time you will wait to order and eventually be served. Then you will wait longer for the tab. There are far too many choices in the area and this one has been eliminated by us.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We dropped in on our way home from The movies. This was our first visit and as we live close by we thought that this big patio would be a good hangout for us. My wife ordered a berry marguerita and I fancied a draft Kilkenny cream ale. The waitress returned with the news that they were out of Kilkenny. So I ordered another a draft Scotch ale. 5 minutes later the waitress returned - out of that too! Oh well, since this TAP house seemed to be having trouble with draft beer, maybe a bottle of Russel Cream Ale? This time the manager returned as, guess what, they didn't have that either! He explained that they didn't have quite a few things as they were" between menus". They were using the old menus ( even though half the stuff wasn't available) because the new ones weren't ready. I would have been more sympathetic if he hadn't been slurring his words quite markedly (so that's where my Kilkenny went!). He brought out a bottle of beer that he did have (I assume because it was one that didn't appeal to anyone on staff) but it was not close to what I wanted so I had a club soda. When my wife's berry marguerita arrived it was little more than lime bar mix and a shot of tequila - no berries in evidence. Given the lackadaisical attitude and almost total lack of professionalism demonstrated at every level we quietly drank up and left, never to return. The only reason that this place gets 2 stars is that I cannot give it less on just one visit even though the likelihood of that is negligible. We noticed that other bars in the area were jumping but this one was not. Now we know why and you do too.

1  Thank Vancanman64