“Highly recommended Korean Restaurant”
Review of MDG Ma Dang Goul

MDG Ma Dang Goul
Ranked #447 of 3,776 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Korean
Neighbourhood: West End
Neighbourhood: West End
Indian Rocks Beach
“Highly recommended Korean Restaurant”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Based on other reviews we visited this restaurant. I spent years doing business in Korea so I feel I know good Korean food when I taste it. This a wonderful little family run Korean restaurant. Very crowded as others have mentioned but worth being crammed in. The food is wonderful! We had BiBimBap, Galbi and Bulgogi. The small dishes that come with your dinner are wonderful as well. I loved the Mool Mandu (dumplings). The Kimchee soup was also very tasty and nothing was too spicy where it would overwhelm the wonderful favors. Yes it is hard to catch the servers (2 the night we were there) but they are rushing around trying to get the food out to the eager diners. I had no trouble flagging them down and they were friendly and responsive. Wish this place was back home!

• Visited September 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Korean style”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My second time here - and this place is popular amongst Korean people and non-Koreans. I had the bibimbap (rice with fried egg, seaweed, veges, beef, etc) and struggled to finish it! Service is good and the dishes are great value for $10 - $12 on average. This is a small restaurant so get in early!

• Visited August 2013
Elgin, Texas
“Rather Expensive for Small Portions of Bulgogi”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

For over $13 CAD for Bulgogi, Kimchi and other side dishes, I found the price rather high compared to other Bulgogi prices in other cities I've visited and much more expensive than another Korean restaurant I visited in Vancouver. Portions were small, service was good, and quality was average.

• Visited October 2012
Vancouver
“Real deal”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Okay TripAdvisor...you really need to add Korean to your cuisine choices!

Yum. I am a late comer to the Korean food trend. But having recently watched Kimchee Chronicles, I am swimming in the deep end.

Ma Dang Goul on Denman is not fancy, but is warm and inviting. I was in the mood for kimchi soup and for the pork ribs (which I almost never order anywhere). The kimchee soup was bubbling hot with a nice chunk of tofu and nice and sour. I am now a very big fan of kimchi soup (Kimchi JJigae). The pork short ribs (Doeji Galbi) were marinated in a sweetish red pepper paste then grilled. They were tasty, but a little too spicy for me. Be also had the BimBap and that was very satisfying, though I liked it better at the Japanese Kingyo restaurant down the street.

It was about $9-11 for each item, and the total came out to less than $40 with tip. Good, but I am still searching for that really great Korean restaurant in Vancouver.

• Visited May 2012
Gainesville, Florida
“Bibimbap!”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I knew this place would be good when I saw people waiting outside to get in, in the middle of the afternoon. It is small, but the service is great and the Bi Bim Bap is exceptional! Yummy! Some of the best comfort food in all Asia.

• Visited August 2011