“no idea why people rave about this place”
Review of Nuba

Nuba
Ranked #614 of 3,776 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Ontario
“no idea why people rave about this place”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Had a late night dinner here. Found the garden falafel awful. Lettuce tasted like it had been partially thawed. Nothing to write home about and I love Middle Eastern food. On the plus side, the cauliflower was good.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank OntarioTraveller18

• Korean first
“Fresh Fresh”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

what isn't good..go for the lebanese...vegetable and very reasonable. Near gas town/victory square downtown Vancouver.

Visited October 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Vegetarians - try 'the Feast'”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Canada is not the greatest country in the world to eat out as a vegetarian, but if you like North African food, I would recommend this chain of restaurants - I think there are at least 3 different locations in Vancouver. Despite it's title, 'the feast' isn't huge, but is a selection of about half a dozen delicious delicacies in a two course meal that you can order as a single or sharing plate. I think the hummus is excellent, and despite misgivings over the idea, I found the deep fried cauliflower superb. (and I'm told the meat dishes are good too).

Visited September 2012
1 Thank MRandHF
Seattle, Washington
“This is a fantastic place!!”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I hosted a bachelorette party/girls' dinner at Nuba and we had 10 women total. I had zero difficulty making reservations, the communication from the restaurant was superb. We were seated immediately, had fantastic, fantastic service, GREAT food, our waiter was top-notch and we never had to ask for anything. We did do the tasting menu and we went in slender and came out round! It was such a fun experience and the service was impeccable- we will definitely come back here when we return to Vancouver. Thank you for a memorable evening.

• Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“small place, good food”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The food was freshly made with good ingredients. They make a decent falafel. It's a tiny place, seating is not very comfortable. The staff seem friendly enough whenever I'm there. I usually get a falafel plate to go, and it is always more than enough for me to eat. It's one of my go-to places when I want to eat something healthy that won't break the bank account.

Visited June 2012