“Excellent food and mostly good service”
Review of Yew Seafood + Bar

Yew Seafood + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Yew Seafood + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 3,776 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$24 - US$48
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe & West Georgia
Description: YEW seafood + bar is one of the city's premier seafood restaurants, delivering exceptionally delicious cuisine, great wines, innovative cocktails and a fun, welcoming environment for guests — all wrapped in legendary Four Seasons service. Perched at treetop level in Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, YEW's chic space, communal table and bar make it the perfect place to bring your social network.
Hove, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and mostly good service”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We reserved a table for breakfast and ordered off the a la carte menu. My crab and egg muffin was beautifully cooked and presented. My companion's eggs benedict likewise. The coffee was really good and served in a generous flask.

The service was good, discreet but the waiter managed to palm a side order of bacon onto my dish which I resented. Too early for me to catch him.

But overall, very good value and delicious.

Jeff H, General Manager at Yew Seafood + Bar, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear EnglishViv,

I am terribly sorry for the delay in response.

I am also equally apologetic to hear that your server mishandled the side order of bacon. I assure you that this is not the normal here. I would like to thank you for this feedback, and I will review proper procedure of handling food with my entire team.

I am pleased though that your overall experience was not compromised and that you found our egg benedicts and coffee to your liking.

EnglishViv, thank you again for your note. Notes such as yours allow us to frame up constructive feedback and enable us to better serve our clients. We hope to welcome you back to YEW Restaurant + Bar. Please reach out to me for future reservations.

• Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
“Great hotel restaurant”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I've been here two times, once pre- head chef Ned, and once recently. Both visits were very, very good - great food, drink and service. My recent trip was a work function that I set the menu for - we had a few choices but I selected tuna tartare to start, steak with potatoes and creamed spinach for a main, and a deconstructed tiramisu dessert. What can I say? All really well prepared, executed perfectly. Service was helpful, friendly and very knowledgable. Would I go back? In a heartbeat. As a side note - the lounge is great - very comfortable, a great place to meet for a beverage anytime.

• Visited March 2012
Dear Billybob101,

Thank you for your complimentary note regarding your recent visit to YEW Restaurant + Bar.

I am so pleased to hear that you had left with such a positive impression on us on both visits. I realize there are many restaurants in the city you can choose to dine with, and I appreciate you selecting YEW Restaurant + Bar to host your events and for after-work drinks.

We appreciate your patronage and hope to have the privilege and pleasure of having you back for many future visits.

Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First rate all the way!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was a special experience from beginning to end. Everyone was friendly. Our waiter was knowledgeable, helpful, and patient. The manager was very visible, making sure that all tables were happy and satisfied. The chef even made an appearance, curious about what we thought about the "catch of the day" which two of us ordered. The catch of the day was halibut, baked in a light but elegant butter sauce with some scallops included, and it was fabulous. Prior to the entrée we had had an appetizer of crab mini tacos, chilled and fresh. It would be very difficult not to have a great experience here.

• Visited April 2012
Jeff H, General Manager at Yew Seafood + Bar, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Ctbccv,

I am so pleased to learn that you had left with such a positive impression of us, which was made possible by the efforts of our colleagues. It would be my pleasure to share your thoughts with them so they can continue to do great things. Thank you for taking the time to write to us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to YEW Restaurant + Bar.

Vancouver
“Where business people meet”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great service, food is terrific and if you want to have a business lunch choose Yew.

Visited March 2012
Jeff H, General Manager at Yew Seafood + Bar, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Gaylehr,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your business lunch with us at YEW Restaurant + Bar. There is nothing more valuable than referrals from our satisfied guests, and we truly appreciate you recommending our restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to many future visits.

Portland, Oregon
“Great Food, DIVINE BOUILLABAISSE”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The service was great and the bread was good, but I can't stop thinking about the bouillabaisse. It was so heavenly and all the seafood was cooked to perfection, and the spicy broth brought out all the delightful flavors. My dining counterparts didn't enjoy their dishes as I did, but both tried mine and said that they should have ordered mine. Overall great service and order the bouillabaisse.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Lane H
Lane H,

Bouillabaisse, bouillabaisse, bouillabaisse! What a great dish to have especially on rainy wet days. I am disappointed to hear that your friends did not enjoy their dishes as much as yourself. Our team prides itself on providing the best dining experience, and we would be more than delighted to assist in finding something to their liking. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and we look forward to future visits at YEW Restaurant + Bar. We'll have extra fish stock ready waiting for your arrival!