“Great thai food”

Price range: US$20 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Good thai food and average price you would find in major cities. Portions were a decent size and we had left overs (2 of us dinned there).

Reviewed 29 May 2014

While in Vancouver last weekend I went back to Khai Thai on the way back to my hotel. I had eaten there a couple of years ago and found the place to be quite charming and the service was attentive. Not much has changed. Menu looked pretty much the same. Interior definitely needs an update as the benches and chairs feel like the stuffing has gone completely out of them. Had to put a pillow under my tush just to find any level of comfort. The food arrived quickly and was tasty - but, as another reviewer mentioned, you can barely detect the level of heat that you request. I asked for medium and it was beyond mild. The only thing that is really going for this place is the service - they are very attentive, from the moment you arrive until you are ready to leave they are hovering around to take care of whatever you require. I will likely give this place a pass if I'm staying in the neighborhood again and try something different.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nice enough atmosphere but i have had better food. We ate beef green curry and chicken yellow curry. Beef was tough, used standard eggplant rather than thai eggplant. We asked for medium heat and could hardly taste the spice. Not the best food, service was OK, prices not bad. Nothing special. No thai or asian people eating here...which tells me it caters for people who don't really know their thai food.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This restaurant in Downtown Vancouver is nothing special. The prices are some what high considering the food quality. I ordered the steamed snapper in Lime sauce and was surprised to find 4-5 small pieces of fish in a huge plate. The Thai yellow curry had way too many potatoes. Service was super quick but the waiters knew little about the menu. Nothing special, just wayside Thai.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Food is tasty, but pricey

Had to send a chicken curry back, as it was raw on the inside

Will not return, given the amazing Thai available elsewhere in Vancouver, and at lower prices