“Authentic Thai with excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Thai with excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have been to this restaurant for a long time, haven't think about writing a review on this site but the most recent experience with the restaurant was tremendously fabulous. The owner provided excellent service, and very well look after all the client, chef are all from Thailand, the new dinner menu is what I highly recommend. If you wish to have a quiet time, pick week day as they are quit busy on the weekend. It has been an established restaurant in town, and in this business, if the food is not good and service is not up to the standard, they wouldn't last long. I suggest their curry dishes, fish cake, Thai noodle dishes i.e. Pad Thai. If you cannot eat spicy, please let them know, they are more than happy to make sure you enjoy your meal. I usually stop by when they are not busy, because I enjoy spending my time reading and enjoying my meal. I have been taking many affiliates and friends to this restaurant and all loved it.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Toronto
“Great thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Good thai food and average price you would find in major cities. Portions were a decent size and we had left overs (2 of us dinned there).

Visited June 2014
Cochrane, Canada
“Okay for a quick bite...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

While in Vancouver last weekend I went back to Khai Thai on the way back to my hotel. I had eaten there a couple of years ago and found the place to be quite charming and the service was attentive. Not much has changed. Menu looked pretty much the same. Interior definitely needs an update as the benches and chairs feel like the stuffing has gone completely out of them. Had to put a pillow under my tush just to find any level of comfort. The food arrived quickly and was tasty - but, as another reviewer mentioned, you can barely detect the level of heat that you request. I asked for medium and it was beyond mild. The only thing that is really going for this place is the service - they are very attentive, from the moment you arrive until you are ready to leave they are hovering around to take care of whatever you require. I will likely give this place a pass if I'm staying in the neighborhood again and try something different.

Visited May 2014
Albany, Australia
“Had better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nice enough atmosphere but i have had better food. We ate beef green curry and chicken yellow curry. Beef was tough, used standard eggplant rather than thai eggplant. We asked for medium heat and could hardly taste the spice. Not the best food, service was OK, prices not bad. Nothing special. No thai or asian people eating here...which tells me it caters for people who don't really know their thai food.

• Visited April 2014
Chennai (Madras), India
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

This restaurant in Downtown Vancouver is nothing special. The prices are some what high considering the food quality. I ordered the steamed snapper in Lime sauce and was surprised to find 4-5 small pieces of fish in a huge plate. The Thai yellow curry had way too many potatoes. Service was super quick but the waiters knew little about the menu. Nothing special, just wayside Thai.

• Visited February 2014