“Bourdain was right”

Cuisines: American, Japanese
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 3 May 2019 via mobile

After seeing Japadog on one of Anthony Bourdain's travel shows I had to have one when I visited Vancouver. I ordered the classic kurabato terimayo dog, I found the sauce quite sweet but with a bite of nori it balanced out nicely and the sausage was excellent. A must for AB fans and fans of mystery meat in tubular form!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed 29 April 2019 via mobile

From a small bright red food truck japadog is a cool and unusual thing, hotdogs with a twist, I had number 1. Kurobata terimayo which had nori in it but very nice. Loved their t shirt branding too - refer attached photo

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 23 April 2019

Serving foodie hot dogs with challenging combinations. I tried, I really did, but found that these really aren't to my taste. They are popular and you might be more lucky than me in finding a new personal fave.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 28 January 2019

I have never heard or seen another restaurant like Japa Dog in my life. Very new to the idea but I was not disappointed! Tasty food and good service!

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Canadiangirl7649
Reviewed 22 January 2019

Had a hot dog on the run yesterday afternoon and was not disappointed. great taste and super fresh as well as reasonably priced. Never though Japanese condiments would work so well with a hot dog.

Date of visit: January 2019