“My favorite sushi place”

Shota Sushi & Grill
Ranked #1,862 of 3,730 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Neighbourhood: Kerrisdale
Vancouver, Canada
“My favorite sushi place”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

As a vancouverite I come here whenever I'm craving a dish of great sushi. The rolls are outstanding and the sashimi fresh and great. Make sure to try their Tobiko fried rice, spicy tuna sashimi platter, and specialty rolls. Lunch prices are extremely reasonable, 13 bucks gets you a specialty roll meal.

Excellent food, a go to for myself and many other Vancouver foodies. If you come, you will not be disappointed! :D

• Visited May 2013

Victoria, Canada
“Unique”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

From the outside this restaurant is very unassuming. The menu is large and varied. Knowing what you like before you go in would be helpful.

It took a while before our waitress bothered to come and see if we would like tea to start, not to mention any other beverages. It seemed as if we were forgotten in a corner by the window. Eventually we did get to order and the food was VERY good once it did arrive. the portions were generous and full of flavour - very fresh,

I thought it was expensive for "sushi" but perhaps that is how it is in Vancouver. Knowing Japanese would certainly be an asset visiting this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Kerrisdale Sushi Go-to”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

My family and I have eaten at this excellent Sushi eatery in Kerrisdale a number of times now. Whenever we are at BC Children's for an appt we head here first. If you get there at the right time (before the major lunch rush) the service is quick and the food is excellent. Some if the best Sushi I've had in Vancouver.

• Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First of many more visits”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Very impressive food. I'm a big fan of Japanese food and tend to be picky when it comes to sushi but Shota passed the test! Make sure to try their specialty rolls. Service was slow, though. My friend had to wait a long time for a refill of water and I waited more than 15minutes for my grilled mackerel.

• Visited August 2012
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Excellent food, prompt service”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Sushi and sashimi both great. Interesting special rolls