“A unique way of serving food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #251 of 3,680 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Middle Eastern, Afghani
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: South Main
Description: Our cuisine is inspired by the opulent flavors and meticulous cooking processes of Eastern cultures found along the ancient Silk Route - which includes the flavours in India, Afghanistan and Persia.
Vancouver, Canada
“A unique way of serving food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We came to East is East on a Tuesday at around 8 without a reservation, and waited until about 9 to get a table (so reservations are recommended). It is intimately dark, and there is live music. The tables are within a close proximity to each other. For the food, you can either order individual dishes, or go for the diner, which will allow a salad, a soup and unlimited tapas (tasters for main dishes). 2 of our party opted for that, while the rest went with just regular dishes.

I liked the food; the service was excellent, and the prices were reasonable. A very nice place to dine at either as a couple, or a group!

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New Westminster, Canada
“AMAZING!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This has been one of the best meals I've ever had. There was five of us there and we all sampled each others meals. The menu was a bit intimidating since I didn't understand a lot of the words on it but our waitress was very good at explaining everything to us. The live music on a weeknight was a nice touch. I can't wait to take my husband here.

• Visited April 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“"Forgot I was in B.C."”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

While entering to this restaurant I thought I was in another country. Interesting Afghan style decor. Upon waiting for my friend to arrive I notice others waiting had a tiny cup of chai tea. Since I was never offered one,well fine. As we sat down I notice there were rose pedals scattered randomly on the table as a decoration. More like a distraction,very annoying if one has allergies. The food we ordered was an assortment of Persian/Afghan fair,tasty indeed. I must give credit to our waitress for trying hard to be friendly with us with her phoney attitude. Since we were the second table of Asians. No wonder that we forgot that we were in "multicultural" B.C.

• Visited August 2014
Canada
“Unique & Delish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We LOVED this place! Food was healthy and served in a unique style, décor was carefully considered, super ambience, staff was very good. Will definitely be returning! THANK YOU!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London
“A Real Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were taken to this little place for a balmy lunch by a dear friend. The restaurant is nestled in between a number of thrift stores and slightly dodgy antique shops which looked more like Bric a Brac stores to me. Not therefor somewhere you would expect to find an unusual, mainly Afghan menu, or maybe this is exactly the right setting for this little gem. Between us we sampled the wraps, salads and the most delicious skewered grilled chicken served with a tomato curry sauce and tomato and onion salsa. Chi soya tea was served when we first arrived and great attention to detail was payed to any food intolerance's. Filled roti accompanied the meal and the gluten free version was so delicious, I can't imagine why you would want it any other way. This was our last meal in Vancouver and a lovely last memory of this great city.

Visited July 2014