“Subarashii "Excellent" Best Sushi in Vancouver!”

Applause Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #803 of 3,947 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Fresh sushi at all times, welcoming atmosphere, warm personal service! I have never been disappointed at this authentic Japanese sushi restaurant. Terri , Samme, and Bob work with fine precision and talent to prepare their sushi dishes. I enjoy sitting at the sushi bar, watching these guys put together their creations.
My favorite so far is the tuna and salmon sashimi!
Try the "caterpillar! -not only is it nice to look at - it's very tasty!
This neighbourhood restaurant can get pretty busy especially on the weekends. So if you are a group of 3 or more call ahead to reserve a table.

1  Thank MiriYVR

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the service at applause
Surprised only because the outside decor says ok but the quality inside is extremely good
And great value for money

Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

My husband chose this spot . I have never eaten Japanese before . It was good . Loved the dumplings . Then helped my spouse with his box . I was surprised I liked it .

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Loved it! Great staff! I enjoyed the sushi and noodles. My friends and I will be visiting you again. Thank you for the great service.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

Applause is a real gem nestled in Marpole. We visited because we live in the area and we were pleasantly surprised. The place has a great cozy atmosphere, and the service was fantastic. The sushi was very good and reasonably priced, as was the yakisoba. Deep fried ice cream for dessert is a must! We will definitely be back again.