“Pushy Server and Poor Value”
Review of Sala Thai

Sala Thai
Ranked #60 of 3,732 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Granville Street
Vancouver, Canada
“Pushy Server and Poor Value”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Went to my favourite Thai restaurant Tuesday for my go to dish (Spicy drunken noodle ) . My server suggested that I try out the dine out Vancouver promotion. He said " it's very good . You can never get it again" so I decided to give it a try. I was not impressed . First the portion sizes were really small , I ordered the seafood curry , I was delighted to see a huge prawn but it was just the shell , no meat to be found . For $28 dollars I expected much more. Dessert was okay . Do not order the dine out promotion it's a big rip off. The sever was extremely pushy and I ordered the dine out because I trusted his recommendation.

• Korean first
British Columbia, Canada
“i'd return.”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

we have walked by this restaurant over the years walking to and from our hotel, the Sheraton wall. we've never had a reason to stop however we did this time. my husband had a very good curry noodle dish that was delicious. my chicken satay was good, the shrimp cakes really had very little taste. a big room, quiet, however we were early as on our way to a movie. good service, good prices, clean. it is spoken very highly of, so I will go back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank jarmwr40
Kingston, Canada
“Great Restaurant!!!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I really liked this restaurant. The food was so nice. And the place was also very nice and well decorated! They had a special offer including starter, main meal and desert all for $28!!! I picked the duck meal and it was amazing. I really liked it. The starter and the ice-cream as a desert were also yummy. I liked this Thai restaurant and I recommend it.

• Visited January 2014
Canada
“Variable Service - Great Food”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We have been dining at Sala Thai on Burrard in Vancouver for a few years. I have decided to write this review now to encourage them into providing a higher level of service.
The last 6 visits (over a period of 2 months) have been less than adequate service.
We have been unfortunate enough to get lesser trained or less competent servers. We feel that some attention should be provided within the first few minutes after being seated. This has not been the case recently. Also, I made a reservation for my fience's birthday this last time, we (and our party) arrived to find no reservation had been recorded! They did accommodate us within 5 minutes but not at a desirable table (in the very back corner). I realized quickly that had we been a larger number (over 6) we would not have been seated so easily.
Although we do receive very good service from one or two of the servers, the odd times we are seated in our 'sections' we are not satisfied!
We are dining here less and less due to this and have now found another Thai restaurant in Yaletown that provides as good food choices (except my fiance's favourite - spicy drunken noodles), but with much higher standard of service.
Happy dining.

• Visited December 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
“YUMMY Pad Thai”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Had a really yummy dish of Pad Thai (#SS1 on the menu). Fresh, delicious! Would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013