“Superb service; superb menu choices; superb flavors”
Review of Fireside Grill

Fireside Grill
Ranked #62 of 1,239 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Fireside Grill is a wonderfully refurbished heritage manor with an upbeat atmosphere ideal for casual fine dining to small or large parties. The Fireside blends European & Asian recipes with proven West Coast favourites. We source many of our ingredients from local producers and farmers. We believe that farm to table is the best way to showcase our great local cuisine. Come and enjoy our 3 course -$25 menu offered every evening till November.
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have had lunch at this top notch, popular dining "house" twice in the past 2 months. The service was friendly, extremely prompt and professional (but not stiff) both times and feel certain this is the "target" of the owners.

The menu choices are wide and varied; including several $12 lunch selections at the bottom of the menu. I did have a $12 salad topped with warm salmon the first time - and I was not disappointed.
I was with a large group on that visit.

Last week I took a new, female friend; and she was so impressed, she is planning to take her husband and boys 14 and 11, even though her husband is not usually a person who likes to dine out. Prior to my friend's visit to the Fireside Grill, she thought The Keg had the best food she knew of in Victoria. She has now changed that to "The Fireside Grill" is the best food I have tasted in Victoria~

On this visit with my female friend last week, we both chose to have a Scallop & Prawn Linguiine - sorry I honestly can't name it as eloquently as they do on their menu. It was absolutely scrumptious, complete with a dotting of unexpected, black beans - nice touch. Highly recommend this dish.

Their menu is posted on-line; their Hot Iron Steak, and Lamb Burger were just two of the other many, inviting choices.

The Scallop & Prawn Linguine was priced at approximately $17.00 and it is a full serving, just as it would be at dinner/supper hour.

Congratulations to the owners of this superbly run business! 5 Stars!

1  Thank KAREN G

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We had not been impressed with fireside Grill's food so stopped going about a year ago. On a friend's recommendation and because it is so convenient, we decided to give it another try Jan 16/2014. Every aspect was a treat. Service by David was friendly, professional and super efficient. The lobster bisque was really tasty as was the duck confit. The pasta dish of lamb shank off the bone with orriechette was truly the best I've eaten outside of Italy. Creme brulee dessert and delicious, strong Americanos topped off our very special meal. Will definitely return and heartily recommend it. Ask for David's section! Servers don't come any better!

1  Thank bagwan
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We went there for our anniversary. Service was great. Wine selection was excellent. Everyone was happy with the food. I would recommend this place if one is in the area.

1  Thank SSDNY
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We went there for dinner and had a great time/From the service to the food to the atmosphere.
The 3 course dinner is far the best value for your money/
We will be back.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My book club went to the Fireside Grill for our January meeting and celebration. We had hoped to have their Farm to You 3 course meal, but it was not available that day as they were apparently changing their menu. However, I ordered their SEARED SOCKEYE SALMON WITH CITRUS AND PISTACHIO PESTO. It was delicious and gluten free but not inexpensive. (Their 3 course meal would have been the same price!) All members enjoyed their meals and it was lovely sitting in front of the fireplace on a rather wet evening.

1  Thank SMMaxwell