“Bao is my favourite”
Review of Bao

Bao
Ranked #171 of 1,285 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Description: We are a Southeast Asian restaurant, located in Victoria's Chinatown! Our menu is made up of Chinese steamed bao buns, ramen, noodles, bibimbap and more. We are a small counter service restaurant. You can eat in or get takeout as well. We have a variety of local and import beers, as well as some delicious cocktails. We are open 12-8 Monday-Thursday, 12-9 Friday, 12-8 Saturday, and Closed Sunday!
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I’m so happy to finally have a good Bao place Victoria. Their selection is great, I will be frequenting this summer as often as possible.

1  Thank DylanJjj

Reviewed 8 April 2018

This restaurant (which is small) has the best Bao's (buns with different fillings) and Soups ever. They have several types of soups with noodles and other ingrediants to mild to very hot. The broths are so tasty & delicious to live for. They always have a special or two for the day. This a must try restaurant.

1  Thank CharlietheBlueJay
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My first time there and the Tan Tan Men soup was delicious with wonderfully complex flavour... an instant favourite!

1  Thank Brad K
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I've eaten here 3 times this week, and I'll probably go back tomorrow. The Tan Tan Men is my favourite with the Pork Belly Ramen a very close second. Yesterday I was staring lovingly into my Tan Tan Men and I realized if this place ever closes I'm going to have to get the recipe or else live the rest of my life feeling unsatisfied. The Bao buns are amazing, too. Every time I go I have to get half of my ramen to go but the staff are always pleasant and happy to offer to do the sloppy transfer for me. They also offer modifications for vegans and vegetarians!

1  Thank Mackbelliveau
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Took my family here to try out and it exceeded all expectations. The food was so fresh and tasty and the buns don't look large but very filling. I am bigger guy and 4 filled me and I left wishing I could eat more. I planning going back on my next trip to Victoria to try the buns I did not have. The pork was criminal in how good it was. It does not look like much inside but don't let that discourage you from having a really good meal.

1  Thank James C