“A fun "stay-cation" !”

Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Victoria, Canada
“A fun "stay-cation" !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

A few good girlfriends and I were recently at the oak bay beach hotel for a quick girls getaway. Although we are all local this placed made us feel like we were miles away. Being out in quaint Oak Bay was a plus for us as it got us away from the busy downtown, we felt like we could really relax. We loved the outdoor mineral pool and the availability of food and drink in the spa area , nothing like a glass of wine while soaking in a hot tub! Every staff member we encountered were very pleasant and accommodating. We even splurged on some amazing spa treatments, our only wish was that they offered in room services for pedis, manis, etc. I would recommend this place to anyone, local or not . It really is so beautiful and seeing the views from our room really made us appreciate what an amazing place we live in.

Room Tip: Although the views are amazing from an ocean front room, the hotel has so many great areas any way t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

The pictures don't do this property justice! I remember staying here years ago and it was a very quaint Tudor style inn. It knocked my socks off how luxurious it was while still keeping the quaint charm. The food was exceptional, and I loved the fact that we were able to hitch a ride to downtown and back in their Rolls Royce. We got a personalized little tour from the driver en route as well. We only planned on staying one night but after thoroughly enjoying all the pools and the spa as well we had to spen another night in the suite. The hotel exceeded our expectations on every level.

Room Tip: Spring for the water view suites. What a delight to be right on the ocean. You'll also appreciat...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

We were in from out of town and stayed a few nights at the hotel. Because we had booked on line we didn't know that our view would be of a tree and a parking lot! I called down to the front desk, and was told for $100 more we could have a view of the ocean. We said yes and had to carry our own luggage from one room to the next including dragging our sleeping 2 year old down the hall in her play pen. The rooms were beautiful and the view was gourgeous! We got home and they had charged $500 onto my visa not as a deposit but as a room charge and I remembered witnessing another guest very upset that she had been mischarged about something when she was at the front desk. I asked for compensation for this fiasco that our upgrade of $100 be refunded. They offered a room upgrade for our next visit. I said we lived in Ontario and I was a cancer survivor and had health concerns. When telling Sarah[--] this she proceeded to first off accidentally email me instead of the owner how they were doing nothing for me and then told me not to bad mouth the hotel on trip advisor! I finally had to go over her head to Michelle the hotel manager to get 100 back. She said it would be processed September 9th. It came through on the 20th. I wonder what Kevin [--] would think of this since he's the owner and they are busy selling time shares there. I think their management were pompous and arrogant. All for $100. Boo on them. Bumbling clowns.

Stayed July 2013
16 Thank Boydster519
OBBH_Team, Manager at Oak Bay Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Mr. Boydster

Thank you for your kind comments about our beautiful rooms and view.

We would like to take a moment to clarify a few inaccuracies from your review.

You state that “Sarah told me not to bad mouth the hotel on trip advisor” when what she actually said, and I quote from her email to you, was “Your last e-mail eluded to the fact that if we did not provide monetary compensation, then you would be making remarks about our organization online. While it is certainly your right to make comments, I would simply request that your remarks remain objective and honest.”

“They are busy selling time shares”. The hotel does not sell time shares; we sell part time and full time living opportunities with whole ownership.

“I think their management were pompous and arrogant.” Yikes, I am just so surprised that our sincere efforts of hospitality could ever be interpreted that way.

“Boo on them. Bumbling clowns.” Well what can we say to this… I guess we should leave our red noses at home!

Our best
Michelle Le Sage
Hotel Manager
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Really enjoyed the personal touches the staff took care of. Fresh flowers in the room; fireplace lighted upon arrival in our room. Enjoyed the dinner & show and appreciated the information on local wines at the Reception before the dinner; hot choco and fresh cookies after the dinner & show. Everything done to make our stay very memorable and enjoyable!

Room Tip: stayed on the north side, 3 rd floor so enjoyed a view of the Marina & Willows Beach.Very quiet...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I treated ourselves to a one night getaway at this hotel. Though the decor is not our usual cup of tea (we prefer a more modern minimalist design) the hotel did a good job sticking to its roots and keeping with the old world feel.
The check-in was already extremely courteous, with the valet showing us to our suite.
We had our room upgraded to a garden suite and were wonderfully surprised. The room was very spacious and lovely appointed, with our own fireplace. We had our own little terrace with bistro style seating outside. Our room also had a kitchenette with all amenities one could ask for.
The bathroom was very nicely done with a wonderfully spacious walk-in shower, heated tiled floors and an amazing soaker tub. The bathroom had one of these shutter style windows, which - when opened - allowed a view directly onto the gardens and ocean beyond.
We enjoyed an onsite dinner and show in the David Foster Theatre. The show was very entertaining and the food and service were excellent.
The one thing I truly fell in love with was the outdoor pool and hot tub area. The location is absolutely stunning with nothing impeding the view to the ocean. The mineral pool was heated and thus made a late night swim at the end of October a wonderful experience. I would go back to the hotel just for the pool and hot tub area alone.

Room Tip: The garden suites are absolutely spectacular and worth the upgrade.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Oak Bay Beach Hotel offered the best of everything you would want in a resort hotel. Their up scale car service picked us up and dropped us off at the airport. The room was spacious, very clean, and modern. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The on-site dinner theater was great entertainment. And, the seaside view was breath-taking; as was the short walk to and from the town of Oak Bay, British Columbia.

1 Thank Lee T
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

The Oak Bay Beach Hotel is as close to perfect as one can get. It is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in without exception. The design is perfect, the view couldn't be improved, and the service first class. By staying here we got away from downtown and become familiar with the Oak Bay Village. Many quaint shops, good restaurants, and friendly people. The mineral soaking pools were a very special treat. So relaxing and located right on the very edge of the ocean. I can't think of one thing that I would change about our stay other than to have made it longer.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to either look in to a beautiful garden or face the ocean. Residences are on the 4th...