Oak Bay Beach Hotel
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
US$245
Embassy Inn(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$219
Travelocity
James Bay Inn Hotel, Suites & Cottage(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$195
Travelocity
1,472 results
All reviewssnug pubmineral poolkate's cafeocean viewhot tubs areboutique suitebeautiful hotelsteam roomheated floorsdowntown victoriaspa servicessoaker tubseparate showershort driveoutdoor poolresidential areavancouver island
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I loved the trip. We only have one problem: our wine tasting was running so late that we ended up canceling. Other than that, the food and service was great as was our beach view hotel. The complimentary car service was top notch. Saved us A LOT in Taxi fares.

Room Tip: Be sure to upgrade to a beach view hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Our West Coast is truly one of the most beautiful places in the world. My daughter and I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Oak Bay Beach Hotel when we ferried to VI to tour UVIC- very exciting! The Hotel looked fantastic on the web site- and the reviews were glowing, so I booked us a "treat" night.
After a leisurely drive on Beach Drive, (oogling the beautiful homes) the stately Manor House style Oak Bay Beach Hotel came into view. With only overnight bags, we self parked and completed check-in in a twinkling, and we were on our way to our second floor room.
Very impressive! Bathroom and bedroom palatial and well appointed ,everything looked brand new- well supplied kitchen area with bar sink- lots of drink making supplies if you are so inclined, and two queen beds that proved to be very comfortable- perfect for a cozy afternoon nap- (did I mention it was raining?)
Feeling refreshed, we decided to use our $40 food credit in The Dining Room. My daughter had chicken, I had a peppercorn steak and both were perfection! Dessert was an explosion of taste- and just decadent enough. Your chef is a gem!
Next on the agenda- the hot mineral pools. A bit of a hike outside in the rain, (and I could not locate spa slippers in the room that might have saved me from wearing my boots with my robe)- and we discovered we were the only ones in the whole facility that evening. Floating in that gorgeous pool looking at the stars was soooo nice! I have to come back and book a massage in the spa- everything looked super clean and there is a great steam in the change room area. Best thing ever is the pools being accessible 24 hours-
The room had been turned down which was appreciated. I looked longly at the big tub and the bath salts, but couldn't stay awake. Very quiet night, great sleep-
We had a light breakfast at Kate's Cafe- that was the only disappointment- my daughters breakfast sandwich was over microwaved on high (?) and was too hot to eat, and I had to ask for a clean glass for water- the tray that was put out had crusted bits of food on the outside of every glass. The young lady that had served us appeared a bit miffed, but without a word took the tray and rewashed the glasses by hand. Medium latte, fruit muffin and breakfast sandwich with a drink was about $18, and I had left a $2 tip. Cafe was busy-
So I will, without a doubt, return to the Oak Bay Beach Hotel. I would love to take in a show at the David Foster Theatre and check out The Snug- I think I will need two nights next time!
You will not regret booking this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank podmomma
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The Oak Bay Beach Hotel is a beautiful new luxury hotel in a residential type area in one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in Victoria. Close to two golf courses and close to downtown Oak Bay. Oak Bay is a quaint small town but with some pretty good restaurants and shopping. The rooms are beautifully decorated and include a kitchen. Service is great and the outdoor pool is amazing. It is a 10 minute drive to downtown Victoria so if you like being in the middle of all the action this is not the hotel for you. There are lots of places to walk to and it's very close to The Marina. The hotel is also trying hard to entertain its guest by bringing in local entertainment into the David Foster Theatre.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights for some much needed down time. From the check in to the luxury appointed room, we were extremely pleased with the first impressions of this hotel and the staff. The check in was very easy, and we were greeted with a warm welcome by Katie. She quickly arranged for a bellman to show us to our room and also pointed out all the amenities.

Love the way they kept some of the old mementoes from the original hotel and the building architecture is just spectacular.
The outdoor pool exceeded expectations and grounds are just picturesque. Even in January it was lovely. The ocean view was just gorgeous!!! What relaxation it was to be swimming outdoors on a very warm heated pool enjoying nature in the middle of winter.

The Snug Pub, Katie's Cafe and the room service were all wonderful. Great food, service and prices were very reasonable. At the end of a cold day, the huge soaker tub and complimentary milk bath were just what was needed.

Overall, truly pleased and impressed (can't stress this enough). It's our new favourite getaway destination and will continue to rave about the Oak Bay Beach Hotel to friends and family, looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Ocean views!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Victoriaflower_123
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

What an amazing stay! How can anyone not enjoy the friendly and accommodating staff, 24 hr access to mineral pools overlooking the ocean, an ever watchful bald eagle couple, and the scrumptious innburger. Would definitely like to make this an annual trip!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple