“We had a fabulous get- away”

Oak Bay Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Port Alberni, Canada
“We had a fabulous get- away”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Our rooms were fabulous, with lovely touches like the bedding, heated floors, fireplace, deck, and then there's the amazing view. Very spacious, comfortable and quiet. The ambiance is relaxed and elegant. The staff were all very pleasant and from booking through departing went out of their way to make our visit all we wanted. The pub and cafe on site made for easy dining and the landscaping and pools were great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
Williams Lake, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Recently in Victoria on a business trip, I was booked to stay at the Oak Bay Beach Hotel. As always when staying at a new hotel I'm always a little skeptical. However I was completely blown away by this dazzling hotel. Stunning rooms, spectacular ocean views, the quaint pub and meeting facilities were all well above par. I would recommend this hotel to any traveller looking for a quality stay, and I will return here exclusively in the future. You will not be disappointed. Absolutely incredible.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to a suite, it's definitely worth it. Great place for a honeymoon, weekend g...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason R
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Our stay at Oak Bay was part of our son's 17th birthday present. It was perfect - food, service, mineral baths, even the sheets were magnificent. The only place for improvement in our eyes is the Snug - it's a nice bar, but lacks the quaint atmosphere of the original. But that's a minor point: the hotel is fabulous. In March, there are good deals too.

JA Toronto

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel was so beautiful I can't stop to stay one negative thing. Maybe just that the time went too quickly!

Highly recommend the Oak Bay Beach Hotel and I would go back in a heart beat.

The weather was rainy but it still didn't effect the amazing time that we had soaking up this luxury hotel :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria, BC
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We won two nights at the Oak Bay Beach Hotel. As we live only a few blocks away we waited for the perfect opportunity to use our gift.

One of our friends celebrated his 80th birthday so we donated the first night to he and his wife....as we won the "rolls" package...we were given a food credit which we used on their "stay" to take them for lunch. We were able to get the table by the window....Mt. Baker was making a show...it was magical. I can't tell you how delicious the food was....our guests each had chicken...my husband had wild salmon and I had quinoa...I wanted licked my plate...wow was it good. Our friends LOVED their treat and went to a movie night...how nice just to take the elevator to your room...that IS a treat.

We had the second night....due to prior commitments we didn't check into the hotel until late afternoon. I went over first as I thought I SHOULD really take advantage of "the mineral pools"...wow...I was not prepared for how FABULOUS they are. I put my foot in the first pool which is the warmest...it was too hot for me...so went to the next pool where a local mum and toddle were enjoying their time....it was soooo lovely that I didn't want to get out....but forced myself to try out the largest of the pools...I was told it was not large enough to swim in but I did swim easily...this is the least hot of the three pools. I spoke to several people and each person lived in Victoria..they had purchased a monthly spa membership which gave them passes for the mineral pools plus a couple of spa services. The mum I spoke to says she comes for 3 - 4 hours at a time....she said it is the only place she can go to have quiet time for herself.

As I have coffee at the hotel quite often I was able to ask several staff which were the best rooms in the hotel...telling them it had to be a dog friendly room. I was given the room number. Turns out the best room was not available due to an electrical problem we were able to get the room next door. I understand all of the dog friendly rooms are on the garden level which is convenient. Outside the sliding glass door (which faces the ocean) is a private patio area with several chairs and table...next to that is a lovely Japanese style bridge over a little river then the grassy area and beyond that is the spa and hot pools.

We loved the king size bed (my husband wants me to find out what brand the mattress is)...we had a sofa...more table and chairs....their is a kitchen....more than you would need to be comfortable (cooktop..pots....fridge....dishwasher etc.)...the bathroom is large...the bath opens to the view (we prefer showers)....love that the toilet is behind a pocket door.

We attended a dinner event in the David Foster Theatre.....there were 13 tables (or more) with 10 seated at each table...again the food was exceptional...wine flowed freely and our waitress excelled in her customer service. It was a welcome treat to drink and not drive and take the elevator home. We also appreciated that we were able to leave our "old girl" (our dog) in the room which we attended this event.

We were both impressed with the high quality of the hotel, the staff, management and the room.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the garden view rooms and have at least one meal there. Be sure to spend some ti...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
OBBH_Team, Manager at Oak Bay Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Diane M
It is such a pleasure to read that you and your family & friends have found your “home away from home” right here in Oak Bay. We are thrilled to hear that you have had a chance to experience all of our hotel amenities and that we have been able to provide you with such fond memories.
We spent many months researching, and testing, for the perfect bed for the hotel so we are so happy to hear that our research has not gone unnoticed! Our Signature Oak Bay Beach Hotel Beach Dream Bed is made specifically for our hotel by Simmons Canada.
Thank you again for all your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Our Best
Michelle Le Sage
Hotel Manager
Anahim Lake, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Thank you Kevin. We enjoyed our stay at your wonderful Hotel. Our room was really beautiful.
Will totally recommend it to others, We also had time to just relax before getting together with other members of our group in your meeting room.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had a great time at the S.Is.Film fundraiser! The costumes were great,our meals were extremely impressive and exciting as half a dozen waiters approached each table and soon all 100 meals were placed! No easy feat. The plates looked exquisite! The 'Chocolate Bar' desert was memorable....forever!
Our room had a spectacular ocean view and was very nicely decorated with lots of beautiful mahogany everywhere like an old hotel from the past. We were greeted by two young Eagles as soon as we stepped out on our deck,they seemed about 20' above our heads and interested in us! It was very exciting.
The mineral pool is a wee bit of heavenly bliss....such comfort and thrill all around you. The mist over the pool kept reminding me of this image I saw of Snow Monkeys soaking in the natural pools in Japan. I'll be back...

Room Tip: go for the ocean view....
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple