Oak Bay Beach Hotel
US$220
US$213
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$162
US$272
US$246
Official Site
US$213
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$158
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$186
Travelocity
Hotel Zed(Victoria)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$106
Travelocity
1,448 results
All reviewssnug pubmineral poolkate's cafeocean viewhot tubs areboutique suitebeautiful hotelsteam roomheated floorsdowntown victoriaspa servicessoaker tubseparate showershort driveoutdoor poolresidential areavancouver island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times, not only because of its location -it is a decent hotel in Oak Bay, by the marina - but also because it is very comfortable, upscale and, although certainly not cheap, in my opinion it is good value for the money. The various pools have to be seen to be believed, set in well landscaped gardens. I have never tried the spa, but others tell me it is good too. Rooms well appointed - heated floors in bathrooms -and bedding luxurious. Staff are universally cheerful and friendly. The restaurant is good but very small. so I suggest reservations. I am told that you can be picked up in the Rolls Royce generally parked by the front door, but again I have never tried it. Last time I paid $3 a night extra for the room and got $40 a day restaurant credit. That was a deal I hope they repeat.
If you are looking for a budget hotel this is not for you, but if you are willing to pay a little more this is well worth it.

Room Tip: Marina view more expensive, but street view rooms are just the same so up to you. top floor (5th) floor rooms seem to have a cathedral ceilings which is a nice touch.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Hugh R
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great hotel. Setting was beautiful, room was first class and staff were very friendly. The pool/spa area was stunning. Unique shuttle service to downtown, via personal car, was very convenient. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

27 years ago my husband and I were married on the seaside lawn of the original Oak Bay Beach Hotel in Victoria. It was a small, quaint British-inspired hotel in the heart of Victoria. But 3 years ago, it was demolished, then rebuilt. Out of the ashes, the new owners have created a amazing destination resort, so elegant yet unpretentious that you can't even believe it holds the same name. In fact, they have kept a few 'remembrances' of the old past, including the front dormers over the entrance to Kate's Cafe, the Snug (the popular pub inside) and some of the furnishings and original bricks and cornerstones.

The rooms are luxurious and appointed perfectly. Our bed and bedding was amazing, placed a few feet away from the sliders to the balcony which overlooks a 180 degree view of the glorious ocean, islands, pool and lush and perfectly-manicured landscape below. (We had room #220) The pool area offers beverage and food service, and the loungers surround a heated (90 degree) saltwater pool and 2 jacuzzis. It is a serene, peaceful way to spend the day. In fact, we were in the warm pool at 9am before breakfast. We had the entire pool to ourselves! As we walked back to the hotel for breakfast, my husband grabbed me, dipped me, kissed me, and reminded me that this was THE SPOT we were married on - 27 years ago! The beauty of the newly-completed Oak Bay Beach Hotel must have really inspired him!!

Next to the pool is a work-out facility, spa, showers and many treatment rooms. Inside the hotel is a lovely restaurant with full service, a spacious living room with grand piano and huge fireplace. Customer service at every turn was outstanding. This hotel is set in the heart of Oak Bay, and walking distance - in either direction to the marina, shops, coffee bars, restaurants, golf, boating and galleries. So much to do in this quaint, peaceful town! The setting is amazing and we can't wait to come back for another visit. Next time we will stay longer!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room. You do not want to miss enjoying the ocean air, the gardens below and the amazing turquoise water view. Pay the extra for it - it will be worth it. We stayed in room 220 and would ask for it again.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WeRreadytoretire
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

If you were expecting the old lovely Tudor hotel of several years ago, like I was, you will be shocked. The old hotel has been torn down and a new hotel in its place. After I got over the disappointment, I found it quite lively although I hate to see those old landmarks go.

The hotel is modern on the inside with an interesting design on the outside the Snug Harbor has good reasonably priced food but skip the desserts and find a good bakery instead. The small coffee house called Kate's gives you a taste of the old hotel.

It isn't far to Victoria if you have a car and nice to stay in this peaceful haven. I much prefer this to staying in downtown. The town of Oak Bay is adorable.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Excellent new hotel with some flavour of the old Beach Hotel. Beautiful rooms, excellent staff, great view and wonderful food at the establishment! Pool and spa by the ocean is amazing. Beautiful grounds just adds to the whole package. Can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: You will want a room on the ocean side for both the view and to decrease road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple