“Darren Made It Happen” 5 of 5 bubbles

Victoria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Darren Made It Happen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

After spending countless hours in my kayak, trying to catch a halibut in front of the Victoria water front. I finally realized that I needed the assistance of a Pro! I booked a charter with Darren along with some friends, with a bit of a twist! I wanted to fish from my kayak! Darren the pro he is put me through the third degree before he would agreed to my plan. The four of us set off last Sunday for an adventure of a lifetime.I had caught Hallies before, but never from my Kayak and the other three on the charter were complete novices. We loaded my kayak aboard and set off for one of Darren's honey holes, dropped anchor and launched my kayak.Before I cast off on my own Darren again put me through the third degree, once he was assured I would follow his directions I set off. With his parting last words ringing in my ears, Don't Let Me Down!!!.The pressure was on and after about 30 minutes of tentatively watching my rod tip it happened just as Darren had predicted . My rod tip dipped once, then a second time and on the third time I reeled like hell, the fight was on. Thanksto Darren my dream was coming true!!! I ended up bagging myself a hallie in the mid 30's from my kayak the other three in the party limited out. Without Darren's expertise none of the above would have happened!!!!!The four of us arrived at the dock looking like prairie chickens in mating season all puffed out. I can't thank Darren enough, he made it happen! I have been on several other fishing charters and looking back were a waste of time and money!!!! Darren is the definition of a true Pro and is in a class of his own!!!!!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Art B

Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great time and GREAT FISH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

A few work friends and I decided to head to Victoria for a weekend away from the wives and get some fishing in. Contacted several charters and got the same answer from all of them..."not the best fishing this time of year".. Ultimately we decided on Beasley's because his boat is so convenient to downtown and a simple walk across the street from a good fish processor in the event that we actually landed anything... Could not be more happy with our decision! Darren, although honest about the timing of our excursion, managed to use his knowledge of the area and fishing to get us one fish shy of our limit.. and that is only because a seal took our final fish 10 feet from the boat.. Very successful trip and we would use Beasley's again in a heartbeat.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank craigarrowsmith2020
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

What an awesome fishing experience. Success , Success , Success. This far exceeded our expectations. Darren was right on the money and we caught our limit without any trouble. We will be back to go after salmon next. This outing was to give our son an unforgettable experience with deep sea fishing. This was certainly achieved. Smiling all the way home. Thanks Darren.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Darylgoertzen
Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Booked again, first halibut!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

Now that the weather is good me and my girlfriend decided to book a charter to spend a day on the water. I had a great experience booking with Darren previously but since then I booked with a low budget charter on a groupon deal and went out on a shaky boat and caught nothing. Time to do it right again! lol. Halibut season is on now and I had never caught one before. We went out and did the anchor thing and got our gear down. Funny thing to notice is that where Darren goes there is sure to be a couple other boats that show up shortly after as they know where he goes there is fish. Darren is always personable and clearly a man on a mission. We hooked into 2 within a couple hours and were extatic. After a little while we pulled up the gear and headed out for some salmon. It didnt take long before we had 5 bites and 3 in the boat. Our freezer is full of fish and we couldnt be happier. 5 stars all the way, Thanks again Darren! Absolutely the only person i will ever book with from now on.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Beyside
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Experience EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

I have been fishing on ice, river, lake and even a charter in Florida. But nothing compares to the experience I had with Darren. It was opening day on March 15th 2013 for Halibut, he said off the start that the tides would not be good, but I still had a good chance at fish. It only took us a couple of hours to catch 3 dog sharks and our limit of 1 Halibut each! He was the most down to earth guy and we had some good conversations while laughing about how quick we caught our limit. After we caught our limit, he asked if I wanted to try for salmon because we still had time, but after pulling up all 5 fish, I was not only satisfied, I was dead tired. I HIGHLY recommend Beasley's Fishing Charters to anyone who is looking for one of the best fishing experiences of their life.

Visited March 2013